Concrete Recommendation - MD Area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in the process of redoing my attached 2 car garage (22' x 20') with the goal of raising the ceiling so I can put a lift in (wife agreed on the premise she gets more storage space, good surprise when the lift goes in). Anyways my slab is not level, it is cracked and it is old (40years).

I am hoping someone on the board has some insight/recommendations. There is only a section that is not level, separated from the rest by a large crack. I have a quote to raise the section using Poly injection for $2.5k. In addition to that I would most likely need to grind the floor prior to epoxy/finishing AND put in some new thicker pads where the lift would go.

Anyone dealt with the before? Any recommendations on a company to level or possibly pour a new slab. I know a new slab would be best but would have to cut something else out to fit into budget.

TIA

5-6" thick. Min requirement for the lift is 4.25"

I am leaning towards having it leveled and cutting and pouring 6" deep 3'x 3' pads for the lift.

The poly injection is pretty cool stuff. I've used it for some industrial applications where tearing things out and doing it right wasn't an option. That said, between the leveling, grinding, and thicker pads for the lift, it may be cheaper in the long run to clear it all out and place fresh. I'd at least get a quote. At forty years old, the existing isn't likely to have any reinforcing in it and you could end up with new cracks and new settlement over time. Moreso if it is just over dirt without vapor barrier and stone base.

Thanks for the help. I have decided on a 3rd option my builder suggested and had my civil engineer friend confirm.

Going to cut a 2' "trench" in the middle of floor and put in a new footer. Will have re-bar running from side walls into footer. New layer poured on top between 2-5". One post of lift will go into new footer, other side will have a new 6" pad poured under it.

If there is interest I will post pictures of the work. Unfortunately the added cost will delay my lift purchase probably a year unless I find something used.

Concrete going in today.

IMG_20191002_173222513.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom