Completed High Rock Canyon/Black Rock Desert Trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Time for camp.
Blackrock, 0520-2206 055.jpg
Blackrock, 0520-2206 056.jpg
Blackrock, 0520-2206 057.jpg

Last ones.
Blackrock, 0520-2206 058.jpg
Blackrock, 0520-2206 059.jpg
Blackrock, 0520-2206 060.jpg

Ok, these are the last ones.
Blackrock, 0520-2206 061.jpg
Blackrock, 0520-2206 062.jpg
Blackrock, 0520-2206 063.jpg

Sorry that was so painful. I hope someone enjoyed it. It was a great trip, but too short as they all are.

Jack

Looks like a great time Jack, I am sorry that I was not able to make it. How many miles did you cover all together? Did you end up in California on 395 or go back through Gerlach?

DirtyHarry said:
Looks like a great time Jack, I am sorry that I was not able to make it. How many miles did you cover all together? Did you end up in California on 395 or go back through Gerlach?

I didn't keep track of the miles, but I think somewhere around 350+ miles. We drove back down SR447 to Nixon and then we crossed over to Pyramid Hwy. We stayed in Nevada the whole time.

Not to rub it in, but you did miss a good one. There will be a next time.

What rack are you using on your LX?

Looks like a great time.

Right on with the pics. Looks every bit as beautiful out there as I heard from others who have been there. I wish I could have gone with the BBC guyz, but I had to work at the hospital...:crybaby:
Great job on the pics and the write up.
Looks like a great time.

Chicago

Great run Jack, and to think I used to live near Gerlach! Pics just don't do it justice, as always.

Hmm, I wonder why you didn't take Sheep's pass into Pyramid and then go home that way? Snowed out?

If you can, upload the pics to a photo site and then attach the link here. That way, your quality will be retained and you can upload tons more pics. Just a thought. You can use Yahoo, Webshots, Shutterfly, etc.

Good job.

Ali

Good pics...thanks for posting up!

Hey Jack,

Great post, I came home and found my Internet down (Satellite is wonderful...not!) and I just got back on line this morning.

That was an awesome trip and you are great people to wheel with. Our offer to do something on this side of the hill this summer stands.

Pete

Imola Red said:
What rack are you using on your LX?

Looks like a great time.

I am using two Thule 58" crossbars with gutter mounts. The basket on top is my own personally built POS. I built it for my 4runner and needed it in a hurry before a trip on the Rubicon. It is built with 1" square tube with bent corners. My buddies 220 welder was tied up, so I put it together with a 110 that I was not familiar with. The welds pretty much look like bird droppings, but seems to be holding up for the most part.

Chartdog said:
Hey Jack,

Great post, I came home and found my Internet down (Satellite is wonderful...not!) and I just got back on line this morning.

That was an awesome trip and you are great people to wheel with. Our offer to do something on this side of the hill this summer stands.

Pete

Don't you just love technology sometimes. I was wondering why I hadn't heard from you. I will pm you with some questions/information.

I'm glad you enjoyed the trip. We absolutely love it up there. Can't wait to head back. There is so much more to see.

We are looking forward to the trip in your neck of the woods.

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom