COMPLETE: Grom Audio VLine VL2 Group Buy Round 3 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you so much for trying to help me through this. By the way - I did not have any static on my 2009 screen like you were seeing.

The place that did my install insisted that I didn’t need to remove the DVD/CD player and that it would still be functional. I do not believe this is the case. So I intend to remove the DVD player and hopefully that resolves my issue

according to the instructions you need to remove the cd changer and disconnect it from its harness.

according to the instructions you need to remove the cd changer and disconnect it from its harness.
In my Instruction Manual for the LEX5 version, it says “no factory functions of the stereo will be disabled. Factory Bluetooth, navigation, radio, and CD Player will remain functional” and doesn’t tell me to remove the CD player. Do you perhaps have a GX470 older than 2007?

In my Instruction Manual for the LEX5 version, it says “no factory functions of the stereo will be disabled. Factory Bluetooth, navigation, radio, and CD Player will remain functional” and doesn’t tell me to remove the CD player. Do you perhaps have a GX470 older than 2007?

ahh. Right you are. I have an 06.

Quick PSA after troubleshooting my unit on a 2009 GX. One of the included cables/harnesses says “DO NOT BEND” and they ****ing mean it. Bending it near the end connector made my entire system (GROM and factory) freak out. When I moved my unit so it had more room, problem went away completely

Quick PSA after troubleshooting my unit on a 2009 GX. One of the included cables/harnesses says “DO NOT BEND” and they f***ing mean it. Bending it near the end connector made my entire system (GROM and factory) freak out. When I moved my unit so it had more room, problem went away completely

was it the part that plugs into the grom or the part that plugs into the stock setup? if necessary I’ll take my car and see if that’s my problem

was it the part that plugs into the grom or the part that plugs into the stock setup? if necessary I’ll take my car and see if that’s my problem
For me, it was the part that plugs into the back of the GROM.

Like somebody suggested on your GXOR Facebook post about this same issue, your problem sounds like either electric interference or a faulty connection. Could be a defective cable.

I’d start unplugging and plugging back in every single connector down the line to see if that resolves your issue. And make sure anything carrying radio frequency isn’t up against something carrying heavy electrical current. I believe that can cause interference

Separate side question for you guys. Every time I’m in the grom interface on car play and I put my car in reverse and then back to drive, it defaults back to the built in navigation map as opposed to back to the grom unit. Have you guys figured out how not to have that happen?

under info on screen settings I have automatic transition turned off already.

Finally installed the grom. A small issue is I cant get android CarPlay to work wirelessly, but apple car play works wirelessly. I updated the system and my phone is updated as well. Any other ideas

Finally installed the grom. A small issue is I cant get android CarPlay to work wirelessly, but apple car play works wirelessly. I updated the system and my phone is updated as well. Any other ideas
Android car play isn’t available or advertised wireless as far as I’m aware. Only Apple car play is.

I installed mine on my 2007 yesterday. Everything works well. I also installed 2 USB ports where the cigarette lighter is located, one of which connects to CarPlay which is nice. With this setup, I can just store a phone in the storage I installed where AHC used to be.

The unit really cleans up the dash. I used to have to use a splitter for AUX and charging, a USB cigarette lighter adapter, and a dash mount for the phone. Now all I have is a USB cord, and only sometimes.

I would recommend everyone try removing the trim pieces connected to the vents on either side of the Nav unit from the bottom, not the top. I ended up nicking the dash (which is already cracked so whatever) and breaking a tab. I watched another video after that seemed a lot easier when you start from the bottom.

Im actually having an issue where my screen is blue and my wifi won't stay turned on. I talked to support and the guy told me they're issuing a fix and this is a know issue. If anyone else has this problem, unplugging the GROM from power for 15 minutes and then hooking it back up has fixed the screen for two vehicle starts so far. No luck on the wifi

IMG_0040.jpeg

Im actually having an issue where my screen is blue and my wifi won't stay turned on. I talked to support and the guy told me they're issuing a fix and this is a know issue. If anyone else has this problem, unplugging the GROM from power for 15 minutes and then hooking it back up has fixed the screen for two vehicle starts so far. No luck on the wifi

View attachment 2409830
I had that same issue but I accidentally bent the wire going into the grom when I closed the glove box door. After unplugging and straightening out the wire it was fixed.. been good for the past 5 or so days.

Weird how sensitive the wires are. Was it the stress on the pins or the wire that caused the issue?
it may have been the stress on the pins, since the grom was pushed against the glove box which changed the angle of the wire relevent to the connector.

I had that same issue but I accidentally bent the wire going into the grom when I closed the glove box door. After unplugging and straightening out the wire it was fixed.. been good for the past 5 or so days.
Hm it could have been that, mine were bent too. Someone on FB said they were having the same issue after the update too so im not sure

So far so good with mine. Sometimes it takes me a while to get carplay running. I did tell my phone to forget the factory BT connection and it seems to be more consistent now. I need to figure out how to add more apps, but so far its a huge improvement. Recommend the white screen on carplay, it shows apps better than black background

Had a weird issue where I had no display at all other than when I switched it to the radio. Every selection was just a white screen. It was very inconvenient as I was hauling a trailer full of railroad ties to the dump. Unplugged the grom for about 30 minutes and it worked great the rest of the day.

I have an issue with my phone not connecting to make phone calls. Its already connected via carplay wire + bluetooth, but when i make a phone call it just puts my phone on speaker.. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom