COMPLETE: Grom Audio VLine VL2 Group Buy Round 3 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I saw that video and I thought it looked really dumb in the ash tray. In Reality, a microphone by the mirror isn't terrible. I am still not entirely sure how the phone will play with answering calls on the bluetooth built into the gx and with the grom unit or which mic will try to work for siri.

When you are using CarPlay, calls are routed through CarPlay and the CarPlay mic (the grom mic), and not bluetooth. Works really nicely.

When you are using CarPlay, calls are routed through CarPlay and the CarPlay mic (the grom mic), and not bluetooth. Works really nicely.

Oh that does sound nice. If only the factory steering wheel controls for the phone would work with the grom unit too. In an ideal world I'd have the those buttons working to answer and hang up for carplay and the voice activation button on the steering wheel working to summon siri.

I am getting excited for my grom unit though.

Just received update from GromAudio this morning about shipping delay.
6442466C-0AE1-4025-B906-4786EE577F2F.png

Mine arrived today. Thanks to bcomnes for setting this up! The shipping notification motivated me to refoam my front speakers over the weekend. Hopefully the Grom install is just as simple.

I’m getting jealous of you guys. Mine hasn’t even shipped yet and I was hoping I’d have it in time for my road trip that’s at the end of this month.

I got the message as well (though I already received my device) so yours may still arrive sooner than that.
I’m getting jealous of you guys. Mine hasn’t even shipped yet and I was hoping I’d have it in time for my road trip that’s at the end of this month.

Sorry man. If it’s any consolation I just had to drop $500 on a ml amp repair.

I got the message as well (though I already received my device) so yours may still arrive sooner than that.

Sorry man. If it’s any consolation I just had to drop $500 on a ml amp repair.

I was teasing. If I have to wait then I have to wait. What happened that caused the need for the amp repair? Was it a sudden thing or did you drop a bottle of soda on the amp?

I was teasing. If I have to wait then I have to wait. What happened that caused the need for the amp repair? Was it a sudden thing or did you drop a bottle of soda on the amp?
Bought car used. Amp sometimes wouldn’t power on. It’s a common failure point from my research (thes ml amps are garbage from a reliability standpoint). Sent it in to get repaired at United radio. Fingers crossed the issue is fixed.

How long did it take to receive your from from the day it was shipped?
I received a notification from grom on Friday july 31 that it was shipped and when I track through usps, it says the item was not yet received... till this day

Mine came pretty quickly. Maybe they created the label but haven't shipped. Questions like this are best directed to GROM customer support.

Small update, wireless CarPlay is working great.

Mine came pretty quickly. Maybe they created the label but haven't shipped. Questions like this are best directed to GROM customer support.

Small update, wireless CarPlay is working great.
Yes. I emailed them and they just said usps is taking a long time to update their system. I also suspected they just created the label so my status would show updated.

mine was finally dropped off at the post office along with my cousins (we ordered the same day) should be here monday. any 2009 to 2010 LX570 guys, please post your installs

Mine still waiting to be delivered to PO after 4 days! 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom