COMPLETE: Grom Audio VLine VL2 Group Buy Round 3 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just got the email from GROM. Says it’ll start shipping July 15, but I also noticed that they’re referencing new hardware with 4G LTE and Hotspot
2C8DD208-0139-4AF4-845E-0596C350AE8D.png

Got my email today...order confirmed. Thanks @bcomnes for making this possible.

I just bought mine. Thanks for setting up the group buy. I am sure that grom is happy it happened.

Does anyone here plan to replace their cigarette lighter with a dual port usb port to connect to the V line?

As folks have noted, everyone listed in the OP should have received your group code email!

Please find that and make your purchase between now and June 21 as noted in the email.

If you have NOT received your email and are listed in the OP, please DM me after checking your spam folders thoroughly.

Hopefully not a stupid question, but is there anything else I need to make sure and get to make this work?

you might need a steering wheel adapter add on but it should be mentioned in the product page for your car. If you have questions I would reach out to GROM support and read up details on the website.

Possibly but only if it offers an advantage over a cig lighter charger and wireless CarPlay.

The only advantage I could think of would be for people that might want to use android auto and maybe if the latency on bluetooth carplay is a bit too much. My first plan of attack will be to use a USB charger adapter in place of my cigarette lighter and see how that goes first.

The only advantage I could think of would be for people that might want to use android auto and maybe if the latency on bluetooth carplay is a bit too much. My first plan of attack will be to use a USB charger adapter in place of my cigarette lighter and see how that goes first.

That’s true. It would be good to expose the usb easily. Know any good drop in adapter?

I know Grom has a unit for GX460 2014+ in the works and almost there (and that's what I signed up for).. is it possible to ask Grom if I can buy another Lexus unit and they'll send me the new unit when it becomes available? I sent email through website but no answer yet. I see a few other members in the group buy who have same year GX460 as me.. so hopefully someone can get this answered.

@tipsytopsy
I was going to ask the same question! They were supposed to announce the 2014+ version this week... according to their Instagram post a few weeks back.

Hope we don’t get the short end of the stick on this....

@tipsytopsy
I was going to ask the same question! They were supposed to announce the 2014+ version this week... according to their Instagram post a few weeks back.

Hope we don’t get the short end of the stick on this....
I've got a ticket with them.. they'll probably answer by Monday. I've put an open offer - that I'll place order now and they can ship when they have the new version available.. no issues if its delayed a few weeks. Will post here when they reply

I have a 2009 GX470 with the DVD player in the glove box. Is the general advice to remove the DVD player and put this device in its place?

I see that you have to route microphone and gps wires as well. Any advice on the location for those would also be appreciated. There is an install manual on the GROM website

I have a 2009 GX470 with the DVD player in the glove box. Is the general advice to remove the DVD player and put this device in its place?

I see that you have to route microphone and gps wires as well. Any advice on the location for those would also be appreciated. There is an install manual on the GROM website

it takes the place of whatever device is in the glovebox. I have a cd changer for example.

GPS is recommended to go between the windshield and dashboard and then mic as close to your head as possible. I’ve seen people mount to the steering wheel column, I have one mounted to my moon roof in the fj80. Kind of just depends on how much work you want to spend routing wires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom