Compainion Flange (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got a new front diff compainion flange for the front diff as it still leaks after two pinion seals. Now to deside if I should just remove the flange and install seal and flange or drop diff carrier and replace the crush sleeve. THe manual shows SST to remove the bearing and replace the sleeve without removing the diff carrier. Does Toyota sell the SST to remove the pinion bearing and other parts to get at sleeve? I can't find the tools even at a drivetrain repair shop.
kurt

I installed the compainion flange on the front diff today. The old flange has a ring worn where the seal is. If you have about 200,000 mi and are servicing the diff. you might as well get a new compainion flange. I tighten the pinioin nut while checking the preload back lash every 5 ft/lbs. I got to 80 ft/lbs and got to 14 in/lbs. 14 in/lbs was what the preload was before I removed the pinion nut. As I just rebuilt the diff last year I could use the new bearing spec. for tighting the nut.
kurt

Bad seal???
The new flange and seal are leaking again. I have a Toyota 90311-38147 and MAF seal. I put them on the old flange and new flange to see why they leak. The Toy seal is not very tight on the flange. I can move the seal back and forth and the seal lip doesn't seal. I can see why it would leak. The MAF has a tight seal on the flange. I don't know if I got a bad batch of Toyota seals or they got misnumbered some how. I will be rebuilding the rear diff this summer and leary of ordering a Toyota seal for it.
kurt

Wrong part number my friend.

you need a 90311-38047

:beer:

Ooopppps I typed the wrong # 90311-38047. This is why I drive a truck and am not a data entry person.
kurt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom