Coming back to the 80 fold... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I almost opened this post by saying selling my 40th was the worst mistake of my life, but I can't say that. I sold my 80 and my 100 back in December, got in a much better financial situation, got a new job with a $22K+ a year raise, just to start and I'm back. I am going tomorrow to pick up a 91 80. I am very excited and have big plans. My 97 had 36" bias ply swampers and nothing else will do for me...that is where the tech of this post comes in.

I am planning to run 36's on this truck also. Here is the kicker. On the 97 I had j springs and 20mm of trim packers. On this truck I am gonna run a 1" body lift. I plan to cut whatever needs to be cut to make this work and will be posting a writeup on it. Is anyone else doing anything similar to this since I have been away? It would be nice to see something to go by.

Thanks for letting me ramble, it's good to be back.

Metaltech posted a great thread on the fender trimming of their 80 series

welcome back... .bjowett has a great write up on rear fender trimming as well.

I would propose a medium/heavy OME spring combo mixed with some nice Bilstein or other 12" eye/eye shocks w/ appropriate adapters. Stock springs are too soft, stock shocks too short and soft, and a little extra belly clearance helps a ton.

Just remember that the 91 has the old engine with less power, you may want the 93 or newer to turn those big tires.

Welcome back to the 80 Cruiser madness:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom