Coils for LJ78 with 1PZ engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Am needing to replace my badly sagging front coil springs on my LJ78. Originally came with petrol engine but the previous owner swapped a 1pz diesel in. It also has a bullbar, winch and 2nd battery in the engine bay so is a pretty heavy girl up front. The current coils are ironmans with 2" lift and "c" constant load rating of 50-100kg (dealer says ironman does not offer higher rated springs for my model). Am trying to figure out what coils to swap as the extra weight of accessories and engine probably put me close to or over that rating. Any tips?

Am needing to replace my badly sagging front coil springs on my LJ78. Originally came with petrol engine but the previous owner swapped a 1pz diesel in. It also has a bullbar, winch and 2nd battery in the engine bay so is a pretty heavy girl up front. The current coils are ironmans with 2" lift and "c" constant load rating of 50-100kg (dealer says ironman does not offer higher rated springs for my model). Am trying to figure out what coils to swap as the extra weight of accessories and engine probably put me close to or over that rating. Any tips?

Can you try front coil springs from a newer 70 series heavy duty model? I *think* they are the same dimensions, but much heavier weight.

That's a pretty good idea - had not thought of that. Does anybody with a HD 70 series have front springs lying around and could take measurements? They are not sold here and I would need to order them in from Australia.

I am just installing Old Man Emu springs on a 1994 KZJ71. There are both medium and heavy springs available . The OME heavy front spring might also work on the LJ. It is part number OME 2874. Not sure where your nearest ARB/OME dealer is but they should be able to cross reference. I use these guys here in the US. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom