Coil suspension in a 70's 40. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

interesting setup shavis. what coils did you use?

The front coils are Land Rover Disco coils. Don't know if I'd use those again; they aren't as squishy as I'd like, but that may be a bonus off camber, we'll see at Cruise Maob next month! The rear coils are Ford Aerostar cargo coils. Those seem to be good. Tall & Lots of flex.

As for more pix, I have a few but they are hi rez and I don't have the software to make them smaller unless I e-mail them back to myself (what an idea; I'll do that!) I'll put a few up later...

TTT

Shavis, interested in somemore pics and somemore details on your setup.

what about early bronco coils?

my pics that are posted show the front mounts built out of flat stock the springs are 4" lift from superlift for a tj '2000' im running a 454 t350 205 to give you an idea of weight cap.

Here is one pic of my BJ40 with RangeRover suspension front and rear, 3B engine (soon turbocharged and intercooled), Diskbrakes allround, hydraulic handbrake. Still in (slow)progress...

I used the spring bucket from a early bronco and the bottom bracket that way limiting straps are not needed. I also used coils from an F150 for the extra ride height. the photo sucks but it is the best I can do since I'm 3000 miles from home! Yuk!

DSCF0006.JPG

I finally got mine going.

The 4 banger TJ springs ARE a bit soft. I have a set of I6 TJ front springs coming for Moab. The shoudl get me a bit more load carrying capacity..

Pics shortly after Moab ;)

I am running no top, most of a full body (no front fenders and barely any rear fenders due to a 106" WB and 40" tires..)
60 front, 14 bolt rear. full cage that is a bit much I guess ;)
There is a pic of a white cruiser on a prety big rock that is one of Woody's main page floating pics. That is my cruiser.
She is a bit of a heavy pig.. turbo 2F,SM420 and dual mini tcases...

[quote author=myanarchy link=board=12;threadid=7868;start=msg156150#msg156150 date=1084461130]
About those pics mace :D
Just looking for more ideas.
[/quote]

LOL

Well, Right before Cruise Moab I was doing burnouts in the street.

And I kinda broke the upper link mount and killed the tcase at the same time.

I should have good pics this weekend tho ;)

[quote author=Mace link=board=12;threadid=7868;start=msg156243#msg156243 date=1084467974]
LOL

Well, Right before Cruise Moab I was doing burnouts in the street.
[/quote]

Don't forget the toyota case you broke.... don't short change yourself :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom