Coil suspension in a 70's 40. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[quote author=Mace link=board=12;threadid=7868;start=msg121433#msg121433 date=1079365951]
TJ 4 banger fronts

[/quote]

Do you have the outside diameter and unweighted height? I'm thinking they might be a bit light for my front, but maybe the 4.0L TJ fronts.

They are prefect for my rear suspension. I would not use them on a front suspension....

I see the pics here on my work puter but cannot see them at home.

Woody, linking from pirate work?

Odd are Pirate doesn't allow remote linking of their images...ih8mud doesnt' either tho, 'cept PBB is an exception. Bandwidth saver...just upload them onto here.

i got some tj coils, think i'll use the front coils in the rear of my 40. whats the word on this idea? i think they are from a 4.0. looking forward to the reports of your attica trip woody.

The 4 banger TJ front coils are what I used.
The 6 cylinder ones will be a bit harsh...

are the 4 bangers shorter, or just softer? thinking i could start with what i have then change if i dont like it.

softer,
So you could easily change later.
Although ride height would be different

Make adjustable mounts..

I think the 4.0 springs might still be too soft for the front end..
Jeep's are made with VERY thin metal..

Astro will be way too soft
Might try bronco..

CAll one of the spring places and see what they have to say aobut rates..

you guys got any pics showing some coil spring mount ideas on fj40? will be needing very shortly.

I would be interested in something with a desert race set up. I know it might be overkill but there is something about three foot high anodized coilovers that makes me think. Kind of like Homer Simpson....Ummmm Shiny.

i used tj coils 4" lift superlift on mine ft on ft rear on rear i built the mounts both ends it is on a 66fj45lv 4 door wagon i cant pos my pics on the site for some reason i have about 14 pics if you guys want

[quote author=MUDMONSTER44 link=board=12;threadid=7868;start=msg125446#msg125446 date=1080012340]
i used tj coils 4" lift superlift on mine ft on ft rear on rear i built the mounts both ends it is on a 66fj45lv 4 door wagon i cant pos my pics on the site for some reason i have about 14 pics if you guys want
[/quote]

zip them up and email them to me

steve@progressivemachine.net

My attempt. So far so good...the second shakedown run was last Saturday at the LSLC Roundup. Mine is the beater-looking green one. Attached pic is during the work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom