Codes 24, 31, 71 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Morning guys. Yesterday I changed the PCV and the charcol canister. I was so proud of myself... Today I got codes 24, 31, and 71... At the moment, the truck is running fine, actually, better than ever. I'll go over what I did and make sure everything is connected, but I would appreciate your thoughts on what could it be. Thanks!

Thanks Guys!

Here are the codes:

24 - Intake Air Temperature Sensor signal.
31 - Air Flow Meter signal (Vacuum Sensor signal).
71 - EGR System.

I had not reset the ECU after my work yesterday. I just did that. Hopefully they don't come back and it was just the ECU relearning...

Trollhole had some you could download.

UPDATE - The truck is not running....

So I'll make this short:

- March 11 I got the following codes:

24 - Intake Air Temperature Sensor signal.
31 - Air Flow Meter signal (Vacuum Sensor signal).
71 - EGR System.

- I reset the EFI and did not get any codes until Saturday (65 miles after the reset), where I got code 71 (EGR system).
- I used the car today with no issues. Running great. I got home, put the kid to sleep and jumped in the truck to go out to buy something we needed...it did not start. It cranks, but makes no sign of wanting to start and NO CEL. I don't think I hear the fuel pump either.

I've been reading the John Held guide on this but ... I'm pretty lost when it comes to these diagnostic tests and measurements of voltage. I need help guys. I'll try to go over the FSM and figure it out, but any input is greatly appreciated!

30 Minute Update (LOL) - It was the EFI relay. I switched it for the horn relay and she fired right up! Whew! I read some posts on how it could be the AFM and, since I got those codes before, I was panicking.....Hahaha. Thanks for understanding!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom