For Sale *SOLD* Cocoa Beach, FL - 1999 Lexus LX470 for sale (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Patrick Space Force Base, Florida 32925 United States
Mileage
Color
Beige
Outside Link
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1469847137219987
*Update* Cheers to her new owner. Can't wait to see what you do with her, and I hope she treats you as well as she's taken care of me.*

Well guys, it's been a hell of a journey, but due to life being life, it's time to part with my baby. As you've seen in my thread I've taken this bad girl all apart and put her back together again to get her properly baselined. In the link is a listing of pretty much all that's been done with her, and unfortunately not all of that was reflected in my build thread. It's been a dream to own a Land Cruiser, and I got to have it for a year or so, and did all the requisite wrenching that comes with owning these beasts. I'll copy the ad listing here, because quite honestly I got a chuckle out of myself here. Hoping she goes to someone who appreciates Cruisers and the whole community as much as I do. Hoping for $13,900 out of her to cover the cost of the ridiculous amount of blood, sweat, and tears to get her good again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let’s face it. If you’re searching for a Lexus LX470, which is the much prettier sister to the Land Cruiser, you already know what you’re looking for. Like XY-chromosome twins where one is obviously male and the other is androgynous, the Land Cruiser and LX470 share the same things mechanically, one just looks a lot better than the other. As they say on all overpriced auctions everywhere, I know what I have.

This is a 1999 Lexus LX470, and it will outlast you, the way it has outlasted me, and all of it’s previous owners, the number of which I have no idea. This car, like my dogs, was a rescue from a kill shelter, and like my beautiful doggies, had obviously been neglected prior to me rescuing it. I will provide for you a short and brief list of what I have done to get this beauty back to baseline where she rightfully deserves.

• OEM front wheel bearings
  • OEM brake pads and rotors, front and rear
  • OEM water pump kit and timing belt
  • Coolant flush and fill
  • Transmission filter replacement, fluid and new gasket and drain washers
  • New fluid in all 3 diffs (You heard right! Not 1, not 2 but 3!)
  • New power steering reservoir, low pressure hose, and fluid flush
  • Rebuilt brake cylinder assembly with new accumulator pump and fluid flush
  • Denso 6731303 Ignition Coils along with some ENA ignition coils…I wanted to experiment. Who hasn’t wanted to experiment at some time?
  • 8 new NGK Laser Iridium 4589’s
  • 2 oil changes with new OEM Toyota oil filters
  • New amazon cabin air filters
  • New OEM Fuel Filter
  • Cleaned and greased drive shafts.
  • All fluid changes were done with Valvoline fluids. I may not be sponsored by them, but GearandGasoline, Rob Dahm, and a bunch of overlanders use them, so that must mean something right?

Now here’s where it gets interesting. All of the above was to get her back in perfect working order mechanically. The fun stuff was to make her as beautiful on the outside and inside as she was underneath. Let it be known though, that unlike my faithful LX470, I did not completely gut and reassemble my dogs after rescuing them.

• Gutted, deep cleaned and steam cleaned interior before laying down 2 layers of sound deadening.
  • Removed, shampooed and deep cleaned all carpets
  • Installed 3 USB A/C charging ports
  • Replaced 2 seat belt assemblies with newer OEM ones.
  • New OEM steering wheel from Dubai (How cool is that?)
  • New OEM shift knob from Japan (Overnighted…RIP Paul Walker)
  • Newer driver door panel (Old one was so busted)
  • New WeatherTech floor mats front to back
  • Florida legal tint on all windows except the windshield (I have a new sunshade for that!)
  • Fresh paint on all wheels
  • Brand new BFGoodrich K02 Tires from Costco (I like my tires how I like my toilet paper…sold wholesale)
  • New lug nuts from Costco
  • Bowfin Cruisers roof rack, which is the best on the market bar none.
  • 40” LED lightbar and 2 side LED lights tied into an OEM Style switch.

Now you know what this Lexus and I have gone through. Don’t you fret though, the most action this bad boy has seen is a road trip up to North Carolina and back. No crazy off roading adventures despite the bad mamma jamma looks. This rig can mall crawl with the best of them.

The good? This bad boy has been refreshed and is almost new mechanically.
The bad? The mileage. But you already know this. There’s compromises somewhere whenever the engine is built to never break. Ever. Also, the paint…but let’s see how pretty you look after being in the sun for 25 years straight.

Hit me up for a test drive and you’ll fall in love with this the way I did, and someday I hope to hear that this thing has outlived you as well.

PXL_20240317_152152864~2.jpg

PXL_20240317_152133273.jpg

PXL_20240317_152432777.jpg

PXL_20240317_152225369.jpg

PXL_20240317_153143306.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom