Coal Mine Cruiser Classic 2012 - July 11-14 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last year there was an issue with some folks getting through the gate from the main entrance. We made arrangements with the campground management to allow us to use a service access road for the duration of CMCC. It is approx 800 feet BEFORE the main entrance to Twin Grove as you go west down Suedberg Road. We are having signs made up to help navigate.

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! That was my only issue with the place.

I don't have a CB radio but I have Motorola handheld 14 channel radio. Will this be sufficient?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have a CB radio but I have Motorola handheld 14 channel radio. Will this be sufficient?

In a word, no. FRS/GMRS radios are not compatible with CB frequencies. You will only be able to talk to someone with a similar radio, and the range on those is not very good in the woods. CB radio is a requirement and can be picked up on Amazon for under $90 now. I have the Cobra 75WXST and it can mount under the center console of the 80 for a very clean and easy install.

With all that being said, and CB radio still being the GCLC requirement, many of us have switched over to 2 meter ham radio. The small, hand held units are available for less money than a CB radio ($65) on Amazon, the FCC exam is easy, and the distance and clarity leaves CB radio way behind in the dust. It is something to strongly consider. However CB is still the GCLC requirement.

Okay thanks. What channel on the CB you guys use while out there? I just want to use a borrowed 40 channel handheld.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Yep. My club is hosting our annual event at florida MA, so as a VP i need to be there

Outrageous Raffle Prizes

We are very pleased to see that our event has drawn an unprecedented amount of vendor support for this year. Have a look at our current vendor support page. It's getting updated about 2 or 3 times a week now. The raffle will be out of control.

No Chris, I won't say what has been donated. You'll have to wait.

GCLC Friendly Vendors

Registration and event information here:

GCLC Home

Yeah that is an impressive list! Probably the best I've seen! Good job!

I already registered before the Jun 7th deadline and expect to receive 10 free raffle tickets in my packet. Thank you.

Please read this

No one will receive their CMCC registration packets without first checking in with CMCC staff for the event at Twin Grove Campground. That applies whether you are staying at the campground or not. Your registration packet will include whatever items you pre-paid for on your CMCC registration form. Additional meals and other items will be available for purchase on site.

Anyone donate a box of corn?

Coal mine coming soon

Only three weeks till coal mine- hard to believe an entire year has passed since last year's event. Got the top and doors off my 40 yesterday- need only to install the top of windshield frame channel and bikini top to be ready for the event. Hope there is a big turnout this year!!! Gary S

Only three weeks till coal mine- hard to believe an entire year has passed since last year's event. Got the top and doors off my 40 yesterday- need only to install the top of windshield frame channel and bikini top to be ready for the event. Hope there is a big turnout this year!!! Gary S

Not too big yet.

Hopefully there will be a surge of registrations pretty soon.

If TLCA insurance is needed please PM me details needed on certificate. Time's ticking. Will need address of park, any additional insured needed on the listing and a snail mail address to send the waviers and invoice to.
Thanks.. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming..
Erik.. TLCA insurance monkey.

Yep. My club is hosting our annual event at florida MA, so as a VP i need to be there

As VP you should let them know you have a tradition to uphold and must come to PA to celebrate your birthday. :beer:

I'm going to register this week.

If TLCA insurance is needed please PM me details needed on certificate. Time's ticking. Will need address of park, any additional insured needed on the listing and a snail mail address to send the waviers and invoice to.
Thanks.. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming..
Erik.. TLCA insurance monkey.

What 'insurance' and 'waivers' are needed for the CMCC? I just joined the TLCA and registered and paid for the CMCC and thought thats all i needed?

What 'insurance' and 'waivers' are needed for the CMCC? I just joined the TLCA and registered and paid for the CMCC and thought thats all i needed?

Waivers are listed on the event page.
GCLC - Coal Mine Cruiser Classic

We are checking into insurance, but pretty sure if it is needed it will be done through the club, not through the members.

Waivers are listed on the event page.
GCLC - Coal Mine Cruiser Classic

We are checking into insurance, but pretty sure if it is needed it will be done through the club, not through the members.

Okay thanks, can the waivers be handed in when I come there? Or do they need to be sent somewhere ahead of time?

Also I am not going on a trail ride until Friday morning, what time do I need to be at the campground?

thanks for andwering all the ton of questions everyone :)

Okay thanks, can the waivers be handed in when I come there? Or do they need to be sent somewhere ahead of time?

Also I am not going on a trail ride until Friday morning, what time do I need to be at the campground?

thanks for andwering all the ton of questions everyone :)

Bring your paperwork to the event check-in and all of your dreams will come true. After check-in, your truck will be inspected by one of the CMCC inspectors.

The below text was copied from the event details page on the website:
"Event check-in will take place at the Twin Grove Campground daily from 7am-8am and again from 8pm-11pm."

All event details are on the EVENT DETAILS page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom