Clutch plate failure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi first time posting & joining group anyways I'm in need of some advice 💥so I have a fj62 series running a 454bigblock n the original 5speed box was replaced with a 5speed out of a fj5o or 55 now the problem I'm having is clutch pressure plate failure now in 2yrs I've replace gearbox clutch/pressure plate thrust bearing sprocket pilot bearing 3 times due to clutch plate failure i don't go flogging it around in fact I've only used 4wd once n didn't even put the 4wd tail shaft back in from the last time I replaced the clutch so it's got me f..k.d

Maybe its the 454 you need to look at 😁

^^^
That

A 454 V8 has enough torque to disintegrate everything behind the engine. Land Cruiser wasn’t designed to handle that much oomph

These might work better than stock,

These might work better than stock,
You are chasing the weakest link. Make the clutch hold up and the rest downstream will have to take the stress.

You are chasing the weakest link. Make the clutch hold up and the rest downstream will have to take the stress.
Thats the route I would go, Why chase the strongest link and leave the weak ones? But I do understand your point of view of preserving the drive-train and tuning everything down rather than go down the rabbit hole of HP and destruction lol.

If @Poleurhole isnt pushing it then there's probably an installation error or some other fault? Ive never seen a clutch go out due to too much horsepower so maybe im out of my league here, I would like to see pictures of the failed components though, Maybe there's something else?

Not releasing all the way or ( most likely ) the trans is not centered & square, which bell house & adapter are you using ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom