Clutch not fully disengaging (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm having trouble shifting into gear from a standstill in my BJ60 (H55F 5spd tranny). It seems to be that the clutch is not entirely disengaging. Can anyone tell me what might be causing this, aside from an improperly adjusted clutch?

Cheers

Your master or slave could be going. You could just be low on fluid or have some air in the line. The pilot bearing could be frozen. There could be something wrong with your friction disc. Below is from the FSM. I'd start with bleeding the hydraulics and checking the adjustment.
clutch troubleshooting.JPG

Yes you might be able to fix it by simply bleeding the system.

hmmm it does go through clutch fluid ever so slowly. I suppose that air must be getting in where the fluid is getting out. Common sense I guess, but for some reason I never believe these things unless I hear it from someone else first...

If you are losing fluid it means you have a leak. Unless the master reservoir is leaking or one of the fittings, then the seals in your master or slave are leaking. Bleeding may help for a while but you should be prepared to rebuild or replace them.

Another cause may be a failing flex hose (there is one between the hard line and the slave cylinder. Check that hose for swelling or leaks.

I think the leak might be on the hard line. Is there a nut on it somewhere that might be able to leak? That's what I recall... I have my truck again, so I'll have a look when I get out of bed...

There is a fitting where the hard line connects to the master cylinder and where it transitions from hard line to flex line just before the slave cylinder. Then there is one more fitting on the flex line at the slave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom