Clutch is poochin (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my barely engaging clutch on the 70 40 has now become the on/off clutch. It is either on or completely off no middle ground. So I suspect that is something that is going to need some attention real soon here. My questions are is there anything that I can do to prolong the life of the clutch (besides not drive it or shift) what type of replacements are available(3 spd) are there options for material they are made of or anything like that and since my clutch was replaced before and it worked like crap would replacing the slave and/or the master change the amount of movements I get in the clutch. I only had about 1/2 an inch that the clutch would engage so basically I had the last little bit of the pedal to have it engage. It was always like that even when it was replaced so I just got used to it. No idea why it engaged like that but I would like to get more life out of this clutch if possible and make it work ALOT better. Where is a good place to order from. I am in western Canada but not afraid of mail or internet ordering. Thanks

Eternal-the never ending project.

I will try that tomorrow, hope it helps. Thanks

Eternal-workin workin workin

If you end up changing the clutch I would go with a centerforce. I have ran one on my 73 with 350 chev and 3 speed. I ran 38inch swamper with the stock 410 gears ( I know not a smart move.) and smoked it several times. I had it so hot that it was actualy smokin. But it never gave me any problems. It did not chatter or slip. I just did a sm465 swap and put in a new center force. The old one was not showing to much wear. The fly wheel sure had some hot spots though. But I would strongly suggest Centerforce. They are worth the money.

That sounds awesome. Thanks for the info. I will see if I can find a supplier around here for them. I did find that the slave was kinda screwy so we are replacing it today and hopefully it will give me a couple more weeks before I have to change it out completely. Any suggestions of where to purchase centerforce?

Eternal-not goin anywhere

That sounds awesome. Thanks for the info. I will see if I can find a supplier around here for them. I did find that the slave was kinda screwy so we are replacing it today and hopefully it will give me a couple more weeks before I have to change it out completely. Any suggestions of where to purchase centerforce?

Eternal-not goin anywhere

I called the company direct, 928-771-8422, they gave me the name of a supplier in my state.

You wont be dissapointed with the centerforce. I just ordered one from where I work for my 94 f250 also. :G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom