Club volunteers needed - Cruiser Days August 13th 2005. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I managed to get a hoodie from our marketing department.

Nils

JP Toyota came through with some cool stuff for the Cruiser Days 2005 raffle today:

-Toyota Cooler Bags (4).
-Toyota cleaning kits (incl. shampoo, interior stain remover, and fleece wash mit) (5).
-TRD Tool Kit (incl. flashlight, compass, multitool, and pouch) (1).
-TRD baseball cap (1).
-Toyota Coffee Mug (1).
-Over Canada VHS videos (4).

Looks like there will be lots of prizes for the raffle!

i'm sad to say I'm going to miss this as away this weekend. since my cruiser is in the bodyshop anyway, you will not miss my hyundai accent courtesy car!

anyway have fun guys and i'll try for next year. it sounds like it will be a great event and kudos to those who organized it.

I will not be attending the meeting tonight. I have a few things that need attending to after work, meaning I would not make it out there till after 20:30, and then have to leave to come home shortly after...

I've a few things I was going to bring up...if someone can make them part of the discussion about Cruizer Daze...

1) Trail ride and campout: I did not get Saturday night off. Our fearless trailer leader "gar" needs either a vehicle or someone to offer the passenger seat and drive where he points. Baring that, I will offer Poo to the club, through gar, so he can do his thing.

2) While this is not an "offical" trail ride event, I believe we should lead the way and not allow any alcohol on the trail. At camp...bob's your uncle.

3) G&S has been tardy and not bucked up the $50.00 to the club for vendors fees. Sorry Stone, I will have a cheque for (the club) on Saturday. Dunno the status of the other vendors.

4) Determine time for final draw for the money for the 50/25/25 draw, (do we have enough tickets so we will not run out?).

5) Are there going to be draws throughout the day for minor prizes?

6) G&S will be offering some engine manual reprints for the raffle, amd some other stuff.

7) I will be bringing out Sunrise Toyota's donations for the raffle on Saturday. I phoned them and read off what JP offred, and they increased thier contribution.

gb

Greg, I'll print your points and take them to the meeting.

One thing about the draw...if the "main prize" is the $$$, it's not fair to draw prizes thru the day, because those people will lose a chance for the $$ draw.

One way, you could do it if you wanted to draw all day, is put those tickets that win on the side, and then when the big money draw comes up, put all the tickets back into that draw, that way everyone has a chance at the big $$$$.
Just a suggestion.

the draw needs to be at the end of the day because people will start bailing after the raffle
the main raffle prize will need to be drawn first, then the smaller raffle prizes/donated stuff after that
Maybe hold the raffle between 2 and 3, later the better
I have a few girls coming out to help. They could do the raffle ticket pulling if needed

we need tickets to sell
how many tickets are left from the club box
I think there might be an extra roll??

Blue Bandit said:
Greg, I'll print your points and take them to the meeting.

One thing about the draw...if the "main prize" is the $$$, it's not fair to draw prizes thru the day, because those people will lose a chance for the $$ draw.

Unless the tickets go back in?

Or like you say...draw it all at the end, and no tickets go back in?

Thanks for taking the list to the meeting.

gb

Deny said:
One way, you could do it if you wanted to draw all day, is put those tickets that win on the side, and then when the big money draw comes up, put all the tickets back into that draw, that way everyone has a chance at the big $$$$.
Just a suggestion.

Dohhh!

I shoulda read all the post 1st.

:D

gb

Mud_Guppie said:
the draw needs to be at the end of the day because people will start bailing after the raffle
the main raffle prize will need to be drawn first, then the smaller raffle prizes/donated stuff after that
Maybe hold the raffle between 2 and 3, later the better
I have a few girls coming out to help. They could do the raffle ticket pulling if needed

Agreed, later is better for the main draw...

Any troubles with pulling a few during the day to break up the day, hold the tickets, then place back in for the main draw?

Anyway...ya'll will get it figured tonight, I am sure...

gb

Stone,

I will be there for 8 am (earlier if needed) to volunteer for duties. Will a Coastal Cruiser membership drive take place? I'd like to sign up.

Would the club like me to do the membership drive? (He asked, not yet a member himself) :)

I have copied and distributed the poster to quite a few Cruiser and other Toyota 4X4 owners. Even flagged people down in an intersection at a red light.

See you on Saturday, my friend,

Bruce

I agree about little draws throughout and RETURNING those tix for the $$ draw at the end. Sounds good.

There's a dollar store near my work. Let me know if you need more raffle tickets.

rob m. has the club box, give him a call to see if there is enough tickets

And the poop is?

gb

Volunteers for Saturday event: (August 13)

T-shirt sales: Jim and Lindsay. (They will be bringing in float for change.)

Raffle Ticket sales: Traci and Bill W. (They will also be bringing in float for change.) We also decided that raffle tickets will be $5/ea, or $10/for 3, or $20/for 7. Smaller raffle prizes will start to be drawn early, around noon, and then all tickets will go back into the pot for the big cash draw at around 2PM. Bill will also have information and sign-up packages available for those interested in our Club.

Traffic Duty: Rob M., Barry P., Marcin, and Deny. These guys will direct the Cruisers to the proper parking lot, and the general public to the other lot. They will also hand out the registration/ballot forms for the Cruiser owners to display on their windshield and vote for the two awards.

PA system/Main tent: Phil. Phil has also generously volunteered to bring four tables for us to use. Everyone should bring their own chairs to the event.

Trail Guides: Gar C., Dan M., and Gary T. Gar is going to lead a convoy from the parking lot to the Chehalis camp ground for whoever is ready to go camping right after the event. I would imagine that if anyone needs to get some last minute groceries, that they would be able to stop somewhere on the way. I probably won't camp since I screwed up my back a few days ago. I have printed out a map and directions to get to the Sasquatch Inn at Harrison Mills. I will be at the Sasquatch Inn parking lot by 8AM on Sunday. If there are people who don't know how to get to Chehalis and are coming on Sunday, I will wait until 8:45AM at the Sasquatch Inn parking lot. Wheeling will start by 10AM. I will also print out a trail map of how to get to camp. There will be a sign up at the main table at Cruiser Days just so we know who's coming and how many trucks/people to expect.

Setup/Takedown: All Club members will help out with this.

Event Hosts: Bruce, Petra, Chels B., and anyone else from the Club at the event. Basically go around and make sure people feel welcome and find what they need. The Parking Lot people and the Event Hosts should also keep an eye on the event, kind of like Security.

NOTE: Every Club member, please wear either your Cruiser Days 2005 event shirt or your Coastal Cruiser shirt for the event so that guests can identify who we are. Thanks! By the way, Jim and Lindsay...the shirts look awesome! Great work on the logo, Deny! :cheers:

On a side note, I would like to welcome one of our newest Coastal Cruiser member...Bruce Davie! Good to have you on board, Bruce! :beer:

Stone, when does setup start? can i meet you somewhere and follow you in? can i buy a cruiser days t-shirt? :cheers:

Stone said:
Volunteers for Saturday event: (August 13)

[
Event Hosts: Bruce, Petra, and anyone else from the Club at the event. Basically go around and make sure people feel welcome and find what they need. The Parking Lot people and the Event Hosts should also keep an eye on the event, kind of like Security.

Hi Stone:
I am teaching a Fitness Class from 9:15 - 10:15am... Will head out of Abby right around 10:30ish and meet up with you all in the parking lot. I guess I should become an official member soon too.... Looking forward to the day and hope to join in on the campout in the evening.

Gotta go shine up the cruiser... enjoy your day.

Petra

Hi Chels: We're planning on meeting at the school by 8AM to setup. I think Sheldon is coming by my place to help me bring the BBQ in on his trailer. Not sure where you would like to meet, as it's probably easiest if you just take the freeway and exit on the 104 Ave exit and then turn left on 160th St. You'll hit the school on your right side just before 96th Avenue. It's called North Surrey Secondary. I'm putting you down for Event Host...hope that's okay.

Petra: No worries...we'll see you and your 61 when you get there. :)

So, tomorrow is the big day. I'm wondering who's going to be taking this home and putting it up on their wall? :D

Cruiser_Days_2005_trophy.jpg

Stone said:
So, tomorrow is the big day. I'm wondering who's going to be taking this home and putting it up on their wall? :D

Cruiser_Days_2005_trophy.jpg

I'm willing to bet its gonna be the guy I followed this morning and cornered at the Chevron. I'm horrible with names, I think it was Vince? Anyways, he's got a beautiful 40 that he just finished restoring. Bright candy apple red, aqualu tub, even the axle housings were painted (blue). He seemed pretty excited about Cruiser Days when I told him about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom