Club News (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@sumguyswife …. “but for this to be a productive club, members have to be willing to gather in person, otherwise it's just a facebook/social media page.”
———————————————————————————————
Although you present a valid point, I do take issue with the premise that we are “just a Facebook / social media page”. Since the Talladega National Forest event that you and your husband attended, we have had numerous other events (documented in the club’s news section) and had good attendance at each event.
Could we do better, of course we could, but compared to the other clubs in Georgia we are a beehive of activity and we will (with the help of our members) continue to endeavor to improve.
Charles, I'm sorry to have offended and meant no disrespect but have been very disheartened by the lack of replies at our attempt to host an event. We were attempting to have the members closer to our area be more involved here, but I couldn't even get more than two people reply that they would even be interested so that doesn't inspire me to plan and buy food to have everyone wait until the last minute to tell me they can or can't come.

And my comment was meant for those members who are not participating in any way but just following along on a facebook page, so yes I could have and should have phrased that differently. But going forward, I'm definitely not inspired to plan anything for our area when people are too busy to even reply to a "hey, would you be interested?" email/post.

Last edited:
Charles, I'm sorry to have offended and meant no disrespect but have been very disheartened by the lack of replies at our attempt to host an event. We were attempting to have the members closer to our area be more involved here, but I couldn't even get more than two people reply that they would even be interested so that doesn't inspire me to plan and buy food to have everyone wait until the last minute to tell me they can or can't come.

And my comment was meant for those members who are not participating in any way but just following along on a facebook page, so yes I could have and should have phrased that differently. But going forward, I'm definitely not inspired to plan anything for our area when people are too busy to even reply to a "hey, would you be interested?" email/post.
I’ve been involved in enough club events to know it’s like herding cats at times and I know it’s frustrating when the responses aren’t received in a timely fashion (or not received at all). Despite this I encourage our members to keep trying…. 😊

Any interest among the club members?
IMG_5564.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom