Club News (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just wanted to reach out and say hello. My name is Jon Simpson (Tallahassee,FL) and per Sayer, I was voted in and officially a member now. I recently purchased a 1991 FJ 80...first Cruiser but definitely not my first offroad rig. I have built several Jeeps over the years, currently trying to sell my current one in order to free up some cash for the Cruiser build. I have decent wrenching skills and fabrication skills and have a tube bender, though the only die we have is for 1.75" tube. Looking forward to getting together with y'all. And of course, photo of Cruiser has been posted in the members rig thread.

Just wanted to reach out and say hello. My name is Jon Simpson (Tallahassee,FL) and per Sayer, I was voted in and officially a member now. I recently purchased a 1991 FJ 80...first Cruiser but definitely not my first offroad rig. I have built several Jeeps over the years, currently trying to sell my current one in order to free up some cash for the Cruiser build. I have decent wrenching skills and fabrication skills and have a tube bender, though the only die we have is for 1.75" tube. Looking forward to getting together with y'all. And of course, photo of Cruiser has been posted in the members rig thread.
We have a lot in common……..
* I have paid others to build off-road rigs.
* I need to sell my current rig but probably won’t.
* I have NO wrenching or fabrications skills.
* I have bent tubes but not intentionally.
WELCOME ABOARD!!!

The club cards have arrived.

IMG_4841.jpeg

IMG_4842.jpeg

As myself and other members plan rides and events, we try to accommodate everyone as much as possible. With that being said I’d like to ask a few questions to be able to plan better rides and events for the club. We strive to make our club the best that it can be, and that starts with our members.

What is the maximum distance you would want to ride in a day? Mileage or time is applicable.

Would you rather finish the event at a restaurant or would you rather find places that allow picnic or cookout style lunches/dinners?

Do we have preferences on the types of scenery or difficulty/ease of the ride itself?

Hey folks, as Charles had mentioned in his earlier post, we would like to start a Member Photo Directory. As we grow, this will help those of us who are terrible with names. We would prefer a photo with yourself and your Land Cruiser together. You can either submit them on this thread or we can start taking them at club events as you attend. We will be adding these photos to our Facebook and MUD pages as “Member Directory”. This way we can put a name with a face and a Cruiser.

-Sayer

Hey folks, as Charles had mentioned in his earlier post, we would like to start a Member Photo Directory. As we grow, this will help those of us who are terrible with names. We would prefer a photo with yourself and your Land Cruiser together. You can either submit them on this thread or we can start taking them at club events as you attend. We will be adding these photos to our Facebook and MUD pages as “Member Directory”. This way we can put a name with a face and a Cruiser.

-Sayer
I’ll need to check with my handler at the Witness Protection Program prior to posting a photo. 😊

Last edited:
Update on the 20th of October. We will be meeting for dinner in Thomasville. The location is still up for discussion. I recommend AJ Moonspin if you like pizza and pasta or Rancho Grande for Mexican, though I’m up for anything but Longhorn. (Charles isn’t up for bread and rubbery steaks 😉). Our Thomasville folks might help chime in on the food situation. We will decide by Sunday on the location and club emails, Facebook, and MUD will be updated with that location. Hope to see y’all there!
IMG_5142.jpeg

It looks like our best option for a place to eat as a group is going to be Fratelli’s Pizza in Thomasville. They offer outdoor dining. The weather for that day (it can and probably will change) is looking nice. Other options are Locos Pub and Rock Bottom Seafood (both indoor dining), if there are any objections to Frattelli’s. I would like to plan on meeting at 7PM, offering members plenty of time in case of travel, work schedules, and family plans. If anyone has any objections please let me know, I will post a final plan at 7:30 PM tonight.

We will be meeting October 20, 2023 at Fratelli’s Pizza in Thomasville GA. Plan to meet at 7PM

60 Constitution Avenue, Thomasville,
GA 31757

(Menu photo courtesy of Charles)

IMG_5205.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom