Clocking a Winch- Instructions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've searched and could not find good instructions on Clocking a Winch, so I thought I would share my experience. I needed to clock my winch since the mounts are feet first on the ARB Bull Winch Bar for my 200 Series and the engage lever would be far back and very hard to get to and turned the wrong way. All you will need is a couple of allen wrenches and a small mallet. The winch shown is the economical Harbor Freight Badlands 12000 lb winch spoke so much about here on mud. I bought mine for $319. Here goes:

1. From the clutch engage side, remove the two larger hex nuts from the chrome alignment rods.
2. Pull end off slowley. The spool will most likely spin on you as you have effectively disengaged a tighely wound wench.
3. Remove small hex bolts around gear on the inside of part removed.
4. Rotate in the direction needed and reassemble small hex bolts.
5. Add additional grease if inclined and reasemble in reverse order.
IMG_2347.jpg
IMG_2349.jpg
IMG_2353.jpg

Last edited:
More Pics of Winch Clocking

Here are more pics:
IMG_2355.jpg
IMG_2357.jpg
IMG_2365.jpg

On Warns there are drains for any moisture that may get in. You nead to seal up the one on the front with silicone and remove the sealer from the new bottom one. Otherwise things rust, especially with water crossings.

Maybe HF winches are different?

Just to clarify, SHREDwagon is talking about the MOTOR drain, when changing the winch from a stock feet down mounting configuration to a feet forward configuration. There are no drains on the gear end on Warns that I know of, at least my M12000 does not have any.

Bumping this for the fellow who stopped me in my 80 - Darren/Daryl (sorry on name) - this was what I was saying as it related to your wanting a winch & winch bumper & variations you saw / forward vs bottom mount feet.

— Ben / black 80 in Anacortes —

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom