Clinometer/Compass Meter Option (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello can anyone indicate with a picture maybe where the temp sensor is? I know that earlier in the thread someone said that ots behind the left side headlamp, but couldn't find it. Mine was issued in europe and is a right hand drive kzj 95

Got the "green screen" version for sale in the classifieds / parts forum, if anyone is still interested.

Kinda. I got it hooked up to power and ignition fine and a switch to dim the brightness, so it looks fine. The altitude doesnt change on it, and the compass doesn't change either, so is mildly useless. I have an external sensor for the temperature I still need to hook up, so maybe that will work... I dunno yet. The altitude and compass are supposed to be internal to it, so don't know why they don't work. The distance calculator won't ever work because it needs a hookup to the odometer electrically somehow, and the 60's are more primitive. So was it worth drilling holes in the dash and all the work? Not yet....
Sounds like you haven't calibrated it. Each of the versions, "green" or "colored", have different ways of doing it.

Which one do you have? I can help with that.
I have the color one, thanks :)

20210308_092140.jpg

I have the color one, thanks :)

View attachment 2607284
Here's a few scanned pages from the Owner's Manual, with all the info you can find on it. Figured you'd be interested in more than just calibrating it, but also in getting the best out of it.

Attachments

• Prado 90-95 Owners Manual - Accessory Meter.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 301
Here's a few scanned pages from the Owner's Manual, with all the info you can find on it. Figured you'd be interested in more than just calibrating it, but also in getting the best out of it.
Holy cow this is phenomenal, I'm so excited to go through this when I get home, thank you!!

Holy cow this is phenomenal, I'm so excited to go through this when I get home, thank you
Haha, my pleasure. Knew you'd enjoy this, especially after two and a half years of pretty much having some dead weight on your dash (except the temp reading). Let me know if it works 💪

Hi Guys, After a long search i found the accessory meter (like the one below) and plan on installing it (A 1999 TLC Prado 90 STD) Looking for advice on the following:

1. Didn't yet get the Ambient Temperature Sensor, should anyone have one laying around - i'll be grateful to get it or at least see a picture of it.

2. Is the Ambient Temperature Sensor connected to the gauge via the connector or does it have a separate connection point?

3. In the manuals i have learned about 3 more sensors the accessory meter is connected to: Baro Sensor, Clino sensor and Magnet Field Sensor. Are they built in the accessory meter or are they separate parts?

4. Looking at the attached PDF one can see that the connector mainly handles power supply - where does the information come from? (barometer, hight, speed ETC)

5. Any other advise will be of-course highly appreciated.

Thanks

Wiring Diagram

m0002-jpg.111138
Do you happen to still have that wiring diagram? Seems that your link is dead and I'm very interested in it!
Edit: Nevermind, I was able to find it! Attached

Attachments

• 1996_Electrical Wiring Diagram Accesory Meter.pdf
    882.1 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Dave/TEPUI,

Thanks for your inputs.
I've got the one pictured at the bottom, thinking that I was going to put it in my rig (at least the cover of it to put in aux. meters), but am abandoning the idea.

beaufort/Jason,

I thought about putting them up for sale, but as I stated I had no idea which years/models it would work in/for, and if it required any sensors that were already present in the vehicle(s) or if it can be fabbed, etc.... hence the original post.

I just looked up my EPC and getting everything new from the factory costs something like $600-$650US. BUT I you'd still have to get the sensors, wires, etc... on top of that. I guess that does not sound too bad, especially the one for the 80 which does far less costs about that much.

I'd still be happy to part with mine, but it might be best if I sold it to somebody who had the vehicle that are already wired for them. (Don't let me stop you though.;))

Currently, I'm in a process of assisting a member who is doing the JDM overhead accessory meter transplant. Let me know if you're interested in that, as well as other accessories available in Japan, but hard to come by in your neck of the woods.

Anyway, anybody know anyone who's looking for one of these pictured above?:D
I have a 96 KZJ95 (JDM) I had the bottoms one as well, the screen on mine was delaminating, so I bought one on eBay from a Russian guy days before they invaded Ukraine (again). The compass didn’t work on that one but I might try a “screen transplant”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom