Clinometer/Compass Meter Option (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mot

Threads
First post in this section.:D

Could somebody tell me which year model LC Prado (90?) that these units came out of?

Did they all come with the option and if not, is it really a plug-and-play like the CLD switch of the 80 (harness tucked away right behind the console panel)?

Thanks in advance for any info.!

Mot

m0002.jpg
m0003.jpg
PICT0044b.jpg

Mot, I have the bottom version as well. It came from a 96 Prado GX, from Mongolia (dunno the exact model code though)

I was able to plug it into a harness that sits behind the stereo, and all but one feature (temp sensor) worked. The only problem I had is that my vehicle was missing the temperature sensor, so the unit throws an error when set to read the temperature. The RZJ90s like mine do have the wiring for the temp sensor. The sensor plug sits behind the left side headlight. I just tested mine by plugging it, I have not mounted it on the dash yet, but it does work.

If I'm not mistaken, the fancier color display (top 2 pics) comes in the 50th anniversary Land Cruiser (colorado?) (LWB-95), marketed in Europe in 2001, but I'm sure Japanese models carry it as well. You can see some pics of that model on this thread

Last edited:
Would those fit in 80's somewhere? And are you thinking of exporting them?

Dave/TEPUI,

Thanks for your inputs.
I've got the one pictured at the bottom, thinking that I was going to put it in my rig (at least the cover of it to put in aux. meters), but am abandoning the idea.

beaufort/Jason,

I thought about putting them up for sale, but as I stated I had no idea which years/models it would work in/for, and if it required any sensors that were already present in the vehicle(s) or if it can be fabbed, etc.... hence the original post.

I just looked up my EPC and getting everything new from the factory costs something like $600-$650US. BUT I you'd still have to get the sensors, wires, etc... on top of that. I guess that does not sound too bad, especially the one for the 80 which does far less costs about that much.

I'd still be happy to part with mine, but it might be best if I sold it to somebody who had the vehicle that are already wired for them. (Don't let me stop you though.;))

Currently, I'm in a process of assisting a member who is doing the JDM overhead accessory meter transplant. Let me know if you're interested in that, as well as other accessories available in Japan, but hard to come by in your neck of the woods.

Anyway, anybody know anyone who's looking for one of these pictured above?:D

TEPUI,

Thanks, I shall!

Mot

Last edited:
Mot-
What are the physical dimensions of the unit and shroud? I'd like to try to put one in my 94 FZJ, but I'm not sure if it'll fit well enough.
-Sully

Sully,

But as I might have said before it probably will be rather difficult to make it fit, not to mention make it work because of all the sensors and stuff being required to make it work.

I I were you I would either try to put one the JDM overhead console with altimeter and compass or an on-dash unit from the US 4Runner (earlier model) with altemeter(?) and the tip over angle thingy meter.

I can help you with the JDM unit, but if you still want me to measure dimensions on the above unit, please let me know!

Mot

Hi there, I'm from Venezuela I bought a prado 2 doors (RZJ90) or Meru as we know it here, a few months ago, and I'm interested in buying the clinometer, like the one TEPUI has or the other model. Any of you know where can I find it?

Thanks in advance.

WOW.
How did I miss you guys? SORRY!

I have the exact one pictured at the bottom on top of the thread.

Let me know if I can assist either one of you!

Mot:)

WOW.
How did I miss you guys? SORRY!

I have the exact one pictured at the bottom on top of the thread.

Let me know if I can assist either one of you!

Mot:)

Cool man, I'm interested in it for my Meru. What is the cost? Also, do you have a store or something? If not, we could make the deal using Ebay/paypal.

Does it come with everything it needs for the instalation?

Thanks for the help :cheers:

Dariusz,

I've spent a few minutes looking for the sensor with little success.

I'm assuming that it would be inside/around the front bumper.

I'll continue looking and will let you know what I find.

Cool man, I'm interested in it for my Meru. What is the cost? Also, do you have a store or something? If not, we could make the deal using Ebay/paypal.

Does it come with everything it needs for the instalation?

Thanks for the help :cheers:

What you see in the picture is all I've got.
If you want/need additional parts, I can get them as long as I can get the part numbers from my EPC.

I can take PayPal if this is something you want to go through with.;)

Mot

Dariusz,

I've found the PN for the "outdoor ambient(sp) temperature sensor" for KDJ9#, KZJ9#, RZJ9#, and VZJ9#.

Is that what you need?

Mot

Dariusz,

I've spent a few minutes looking for the sensor with little success.

I'm assuming that it would be inside/around the front bumper.

I'll continue looking and will let you know what I find.

What you see in the picture is all I've got.
If you want/need additional parts, I can get them as long as I can get the part numbers from my EPC.

I can take PayPal if this is something you want to go through with.;)

Mot

Do you know if the RZJ90 has the wiring to install it, or do I have to buy it somewhere? If you include the temp sensor and wires I would buy it, paypal is ok with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom