Clear arb lenses are back!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nakman

addict.
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.gamiviti.com
Shipment came in today, and they are awesome. :bounce: :bounce: thank you again to everyone for your support and patience, you may now here to purchase at will:

Gamiviti - custom manufactured happiness

I believe all questions are answered on the web page, but please post up with any questions or comments. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

:beer:

Cool, Tim!

I'll have to order some.

I'll PM you with some questions before pulling the trigger!

THANKS AGAIN!!

Mot

Ok, new lens, new year, new thread. yes Mot I do believe these fit an ARB for a 100 series. Also 60's, 70's, 4runners, Tacos, Heeps, Discos, Xterras.... the newest FJ Cruiser ones are a little different though, in that they're dual color, and I'm not sure on the size on those (anyone know? )

100% money back guarantee If you buy these and they don't fit, or you don't like them, or you change your mind, send them back within one week of receiving them for a full refund. I put the dimensions of the lenses themselves on the web site, so hopefully if you're unsure you can just run out and measure your amber ones to confirm that these are in fact the same.

edit: Also, you don't have to go to the web site to buy, if you want to just send money just paypal $30 to sales@gamiviti.com and I will get these out to you right away. But if you go to the web site, there are a couple of deals for higher quantities, bulbs, and some other gadgets that may be work looking at ;)

Last edited:
How well do these hold up to the heat of an 1156 bulb? I know there are some out there who have wired these as parking light and not turn signals as ARB recommends.

I know from experience that the stock ARB lenses will melt if set up this way. I have gone to a lower wattage bulb to make this configuration work.

You may want to address this before people start complaining about melted lenses.

Tom

How well do these hold up to the heat of an 1156 bulb? I know there are some out there who have wired these as parking light and not turn signals as ARB recommends.

I know from experience that the stock ARB lenses will melt if set up this way. I have gone to a lower wattage bulb to make this configuration work.

You may want to address this before people start complaining about melted lenses.

Tom

They will hold up to the heat just as well as the stock amber ones do- they're made from the same material, polycarbonate. The material has a HDT in the 270-290°F range, here are some generic polycarbonate specs: Boedeker Plastics : Polycarbonate Datasheet

I too have heard of folks melting lenses, not many, in fact maybe just one or two. At the same time I've had mine wired up as parking lights for years with no problems. I guess if you're worried about it, don't wire them up to be on all the time then, or switch to a type 67 bulb which is smaller, a lower wattage bulb as you have done, or switch to LED's- all good solutions. Can you post up some info on your low wattage bulbs?

But all of this is independent of lens color. If you haven't melted your amber lenses, there's no reason you'd melt your clear ones.

Last edited:
I believe I am using the type 67 bulb in mine - I'd have to check. I got the number from a post on Mud. There is information available on melted lenses if you do a search - not sure the numbers. When I spoke to ARB about it, they indicated it was a problem and that's why they direct wiring the bulbs as turn signals. Since I was in there getting something else, they just handed me a new set of lenses.

I'm not really concerned about it - in fact I've already placed an order for your clear lenses. I just thought you might want to address the issue. After all the work you've done on this, I would really hate to see you end up with some unhappy customers because the lenses melted.

Tom

Just ordered a pair and dont have my bumper on yet. Thanks

Just ordered a pair and dont have my bumper on yet. Thanks

Thanks man! :cheers: You will have your lenses shortly.

also, I've had one person report a glich with paypal, in that he didn't get a confirmation email and the transaction didn't go through. Trying again seems to have solved the problem, but if anyone else doesn't receive an email confirmation back from me within a half a day or so (will do my best to respond & ship every evening) please send me an email. sales @ gamiviti.com or nakman @ gamiviti.com, they both work.

In fact, if you want to blow off the whole "add to cart" business altogether, you can just send me some amount of money to the sales@ email with a description of what you want. I think the cart thing makes it pretty simple, and AFAIK is working ok, but hey I'm no web master, in fact that site is pretty much the sum of my web skills.. trying to keep it simple.

PM or email with any other questions, thanks.

update: Thank you again guys for your orders!!!! :cheers: and yes, there are more available.

I also have the type 67 bulbs in stock now, so if you want to wire these to be "always on" running lights, these are the recommended bulbs if you are worried about melting your lenses, since the small bulb is further away from the lens. The 67's are dimmer than the 1156's though, so if you want maximum brightness those are going to be the one. But they are closer to the lens... again this regardless of lens color, it's already the case with your amber lenses.

Picture of the stock 1156 bulb, and the smaller type 67 bulb
bulb_1156.jpg
bulb_67.jpg

NICE!!! :hillbilly:

BTW, Tim, the lenses just arrived here today, safe and sound!

THANKS AGAIN!!

Mot :beer:

Will these be available for sale at Cruise Moab this year Nakman? If so, where will you be located so we can check them out and pick some up?

Thanks.

Ross

Will these be available for sale at Cruise Moab this year Nakman? If so, where will you be located so we can check them out and pick some up?

Thanks.

Ross

You bet, Ross. I will be set up on Thursday night during Vendor Night at the SlickRock campground.. and will have the lenses, bulbs, all of my micholder products, power seat parts, and whatever else I can dig up that's fit to put on display. Not sure on location but I'm sure you'll find me, I'll be somewhere between the Rising Sun hot wing contest and the free :beer: at Slee's site.. more than likely pacing between the two :D

edit: and Mot, glad these made it to you already, man that was fast! thanks again, sir.

I was told by my power-of-attorney (Mom) that my lenses arrived.
Thanks

Ordered

Ordered a pair.

Thanks for doing this!

-m

Ordered a pair.

Thanks for doing this!

-m

Cool man, thanks for your order! I will ship out tomorrow.. also I'm going to be at Cruise Moab Wed-Sunday this week. So any orders today or tomorrow will ship out before I leave, and you will have your new lenses before the weekend. But orders after Tuesday will go out next week.

Or hey come to Moab to buy direct! installed while you wait.. :grinpimp:

Got them in the mail today! Thanks!
:beer:

Hey folks, received a couple PM's and YES, THESE ARE STILL AVAILABLE. Also thanks for all the nice feedback, it's been real fun to make this happen and glad everyone is liking the product.

All details are on the web site, Gamiviti - clear bumper lenses but do PM or post up if you have any other questions. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom