Cleaning agents (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

if you have never tried the marine clean from POR 15, it works increadible. I tried it for the first time yesterday on an area of my cruiser body that was already cleaned with some high dollar degreaser I got from the paint store. It lifted away so much dirt on an already clean apearing surface that I wish I had always been using the marine clean

That is a perdy cool set up for I most of this part lying around. I think adding a filter or screen of some sort would help even when reusing it.

Sparky_Mark said:
I've put together a very inexpensive parts washer for my transfer case and other items....

$20 - Laundry tub at local building supply
$5 - 5 gallon bucket
$40 (or free) - used electric fuel pump (6 psi)
$5 - flexible tubing and clamps
$1 - PVC pipe
$25 - respirator, safety gogles, chemical resistant gloves
$ free - battery

Do this outside, and use a respirator...

I put about 4 gallons of gas in the bucket. The laundry tub fits over top, and the 1 ft PVC pipe allows the gas to drain without splashing. The fuel pump is fixed to the side of the tub near the bottom. The hose for the pickup goes into the bucket to about a 4 inch depth (to not pick up crap and get clogged).

The pump moves the gas / parts cleaning fluid at a good steady flow. The tub is big enough for the transfer case and differentials.

Note that if you use gas, then the seals will most likely be destroyed.

FJ40fiji said:
I found two Bio cleans, one is a drain cleaner, the other cleans up crime scenes in New Jersey, And Brulin didn't have information on thier web site about retailers. So where do you get this? Unless thier sales literature is totally misleading, that stuff should be pretty bad-ass.
I am not really sure where you can find this. We use it at work when we degrease parts coming from the coal mine. It really is bad-ass, the best part is it doesnt have the normal nauseous fumes degreassers do, it smells citrousy. When i return to work after college gets out i will ask where they get it, however i did find this link http://www.brulin.com/reps.asp it is to find a representative in your state. Oh, and i dont know about anyone else out there but gas+plastic+static electricity=disaster. Not a good combination in my mind.

I have hard water spots that I have tried just about everything including a teflon scotch brite pad to remove. I have used some stuff called Wink on the glass in my boat and it works pretty good, but its an acid that will ruin the rubber and leave black streaks even if you hose it off.(dont ask how I know) Havent tried CLR but wonder if it would melt rubber too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom