clarification on leaning fj (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've searched the forums and am still a little vague. 2.5 inch ome lift, bigger arch spring on driver side so it dosen't lean. is this for the front, back, or both front and back springs?

Hi, Funny you should ask this today. I installed 2.5" heavy OME front and rear all most two years ago. I installed the rear springs as instructed to compensate for the lean. Needless to say it didn't work for me so just today I received and installed the $25 spacer from Man-a-fre to offset the lean.

I thought that the spacer would be installed on the low side, to push it up even with the hi side. Not so, it is installed on the hi side to bring the axle down to the low side. Very interesting how that worked. I took a number of pics to while doing the install.

It wasn't a straight install, there was of course being that we are talking about a cruiser a bit of fabricating on my part with the use of an angle grinder and grinding wheel. Well all I can say is that it turned out great. NO MORE LEAN.

I have an inverted u-bolt kit all around and the spacer gets installed between the leaf spring and the bottom of the axel. Once I figure out how to post pics I'll do a small write up.

Last edited:
So I assume your drivers side was "high"...How much higher than the passenger side was the drivers side..I'm trying to decide if I want to fix my 1" difference.

HD

I installed the OME lift, the front is side specific, determined by an "A" or a "B" following the part number written in yellom on the springs. If you put them in wrong, as I did the first time, you drive around like a sailboat keeling a bouy. Put them back in right, and viola, all better. I don't know if this helps any.

when i installed mine 3years ago, it leaned to the passenger side, I called man-a-fre, and was told to swap the rear springs, that I put them n wrong, so I did and it has leaned the other way(to driver side) ever since. about 1"

so , is it front or back springs that are side specific? my markings are long since gone.
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom