Citrus WMA — 4x4 meet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have any pictures from the trip? A few of us are trying to decide whether to come down and camp and off-road at Citrus or just camp in Ocala and go to hard rock. Thoughts?

upload_2019-1-2_22-8-12.jpeg

upload_2019-1-2_22-8-35.jpeg

upload_2019-1-2_22-10-49.jpeg

upload_2019-1-2_22-9-24.jpeg

upload_2019-1-2_22-11-21.jpeg

My thoughts are let’s go to Hard Rock since I’ve never been — but honestly Citrus was a blast! I’d do either or.

Nice group! Looks like you may have found some spots i haven't been to before. Gotta do it again soon while weather is nice. :)

Hi, just came across this thread. I'm heading down that way from NC this weekend (friday-monday). I was wondering about camping in this area. The kids and wife want to go to the chassahowitza? area and crystal river. We're also looking for an area for some primitive camping. I'll be bringing the 80 with a RTT, fridge, etc. We usually ride around the mountains here and just find places to camp. Is Citrus a good area for that? Looks like its not too far from the other areas they are wanting to go.
Thanks

Hi, just came across this thread. I'm heading down that way from NC this weekend (friday-monday). I was wondering about camping in this area. The kids and wife want to go to the chassahowitza? area and crystal river. We're also looking for an area for some primitive camping. I'll be bringing the 80 with a RTT, fridge, etc. We usually ride around the mountains here and just find places to camp. Is Citrus a good area for that? Looks like its not too far from the other areas they are wanting to go.
Thanks

Eh, maybe. There are designated camp areas and you could get ticketed camping outside of one of them. I would call ahead and see if everything is reserved out already.

We ran into that issue on a ride in 16 were we (five trucks)} showed up and had nowhere to camp, some friendly horse riders let us camp in their site though.

Thanks, sounds like this might not be a place to show up looking for a spot. We’ll probably check it out anyways though. Any recommendations for places to camp? Natl forest anywhere?

Ocala, Osceola are nice. No technical trails tho. But nice scenery. Ocala has nice natural springs. Glass bottom boat ride is inexpensive.

Hey all! I’m taking my Cruiser and my kiddos into the woods tomorrow at Citrus Wildlife Management Area in Inverness for some off road r&r! Who’s coming with me? Probably will be arriving around 11, give or take, and depending on if anyone else is up for it.

Hey all! I’m taking my Cruiser and my kiddos into the woods tomorrow at Citrus Wildlife Management Area in Inverness for some off road r&r! Who’s coming with me? Probably will be arriving around 11, give or take, and depending on if anyone else is up for it.

You gotta be less spontaneous my friend!

Heading to Citrus for the first time with some Landis, Hundis and Jeeps from our South Florida 4wd FB Group. Would love to know what trails to explore at Citrus that would be fun. You clearly found some :) Can you share some coordinates or would you be interested in joining us? Saturday, July 20th. Thanks, Stuart ;)

Heading to Citrus for the first time with some Landis, Hundis and Jeeps from our South Florida 4wd FB Group. Would love to know what trails to explore at Citrus that would be fun. You clearly found some :) Can you share some coordinates or would you be interested in joining us? Saturday, July 20th. Thanks, Stuart ;)

19/14 are the only trails that aren't regular dirt roads

Just finished up moving into a new home today... I’ve got a power steering leak I need to trace and tackle. If I get that solved by then, heck yes I’m there. Otherwise, I believe trail 15 & def trail 19 are where to find most of the action.

Just finished up moving into a new home today... I’ve got a power steering leak I need to trace and tackle. If I get that solved by then, heck yes I’m there. Otherwise, I believe trail 15 & def trail 19 are where to find most of the action.

Thank you, guys. Any more input from anyone would also be appreciated. Das Shtig... I invite you and anyone else interested to look up 'South Florida 4wd' on Facebook. We have a private group of like-minded sensible people who have built and enjoy they rigs, with regular outings to J.W. Corbett WMA and with plans to expand our reach through the State. If you'd like to join to keep updated even on our Citrus Run, you are all most welcomed :)

Hey y’all I’m headed to Citrus tomorrow at 2pm if you feel like joining! Should be sloppy fun 😉

2pm
Marathon Gas
4920 E Arbor St
Inverness Fl 34452

I'm keeping my eye on this thread. I'm heading out to Citrus later today, I'll be up there by 2pm-3pm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom