Citrus WMA — 4x4 meet

Have any pictures from the trip? A few of us are trying to decide whether to come down and camp and off-road at Citrus or just camp in Ocala and go to hard rock. Thoughts?

upload_2019-1-2_22-8-12.jpeg

upload_2019-1-2_22-8-35.jpeg

upload_2019-1-2_22-10-49.jpeg

upload_2019-1-2_22-9-24.jpeg

upload_2019-1-2_22-11-21.jpeg

My thoughts are let’s go to Hard Rock since I’ve never been — but honestly Citrus was a blast! I’d do either or.

Nice group! Looks like you may have found some spots i haven't been to before. Gotta do it again soon while weather is nice. :)

AJR

GOLD Star
Hi, just came across this thread. I'm heading down that way from NC this weekend (friday-monday). I was wondering about camping in this area. The kids and wife want to go to the chassahowitza? area and crystal river. We're also looking for an area for some primitive camping. I'll be bringing the 80 with a RTT, fridge, etc. We usually ride around the mountains here and just find places to camp. Is Citrus a good area for that? Looks like its not too far from the other areas they are wanting to go.
Thanks

cruisermatt

let's go wheeling
SILVER Star
Hi, just came across this thread. I'm heading down that way from NC this weekend (friday-monday). I was wondering about camping in this area. The kids and wife want to go to the chassahowitza? area and crystal river. We're also looking for an area for some primitive camping. I'll be bringing the 80 with a RTT, fridge, etc. We usually ride around the mountains here and just find places to camp. Is Citrus a good area for that? Looks like its not too far from the other areas they are wanting to go.
Thanks
Eh, maybe. There are designated camp areas and you could get ticketed camping outside of one of them. I would call ahead and see if everything is reserved out already.

We ran into that issue on a ride in 16 were we (five trucks)} showed up and had nowhere to camp, some friendly horse riders let us camp in their site though.

AJR

GOLD Star
Thanks, sounds like this might not be a place to show up looking for a spot. We’ll probably check it out anyways though. Any recommendations for places to camp? Natl forest anywhere?

Ocala, Osceola are nice. No technical trails tho. But nice scenery. Ocala has nice natural springs. Glass bottom boat ride is inexpensive.

Hey all! I’m taking my Cruiser and my kiddos into the woods tomorrow at Citrus Wildlife Management Area in Inverness for some off road r&r! Who’s coming with me? Probably will be arriving around 11, give or take, and depending on if anyone else is up for it.

cruisermatt

let's go wheeling
SILVER Star
Hey all! I’m taking my Cruiser and my kiddos into the woods tomorrow at Citrus Wildlife Management Area in Inverness for some off road r&r! Who’s coming with me? Probably will be arriving around 11, give or take, and depending on if anyone else is up for it.
You gotta be less spontaneous my friend!

Top Bottom