Christmas Tree Run... Friday November 26th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Buy a permit, chop down a tree. Easy peasy.

My family heads out the day after Thanksgiving to go get our Christmas tree... been a tradition for a few years now. If anyone would like to join we'd love to have you. Kids and dogs are welcome, we usually bust out some hot cocoa and snow sleds for the kids.

We pick a national forest around Bozeman and drive in as far as it takes to get a good tree (or 9 for friends)

We usually head out in the mid morning and are done by lunch-ish.

Anyone care to join this year?

70e3669e-798f-463b-86e3-dd9dd04b9b0e-jpeg.2513662

79f1898a-1b2b-4424-ac2b-649511e214ed-jpeg.2146222

Last edited:
My family heads out the day after Christmas to go get our Christmas tree... been a tradition for a few years now.

maybe a little proof reading?

maybe a little proof reading?
He's just planning for 2022. I admire the impressive organization. I really want to see how the tree stays alive that long, but science is always making new breakthroughs. :popcorn:

Some representation from my family is tentatively planning to join on the 26th the day after Thanksgiving. I think that is an almost commitment from me....

longest live tree we had up was mid Dec into mid Feb and it actually started some new growth before we took it down

Anyone care to jump in?

I've started inviting non-Toyota friends as well. Weather should be nice.

Anyone care to jump in?

I've started inviting non-Toyota friends as well. Weather should be nice.
My family is figuring on coming even though I am a Yota noob. I look forward to getting to know some people around here. Can I invite Heep.... I mean Jeep.... people?

I have to work. Keep with the traditions and have fun with the family. Take pictures, lots of pictures.

Drew,
It would be great to join you even though we're not searching for a tree, yet. Always happy to get in some snow wheeling and my pup's always up for a ride!

Drew, thanks for organizing this. I think the day after thanksgiving is a great time to get out and really get that holiday spirit rolling. We’re gunna miss this one. Had a window yesterday afternoon and hit the local mountains and grab ours (wife gets more competitive every year) so tomorrow will start decorating, shopping, etc. Happy Thanksgiving all, this club and community is certainly something to be thankful for. Have a great one today and on the hunt tomorrow.

We'll meet at 9:30am at Costco to roll out.

HAM 146.460

@YotaPaullie feel free to invite your friends, we'd be glad to have you.

Here is the link for the permits this year...

Christmas Tree Permit

It's hit or miss if you finish before lunch. If you're worried, bring your own Lunch stuff.

Last edited:
Missed out on the fun this year. I’ve been in the Palm Desert, which is pretty opposite of the type of flora and fauna we have in MT.

Hope you guys had a blast!

A338BDE9-1396-44B1-B36C-889B0B6CB436.jpeg

Missed out on the fun this year. I’ve been in the Palm Desert, which is pretty opposite of the type of flora and fauna we have in MT.

Hope you guys had a blast!

View attachment 2849090

temps were probably close to the same

Had a great time...

One 80, one 100, two 4tunners and a Tahoe.

We stirred a bear and cub from their den about 30 feet from our chosen tree, we’re all safe and sound but it was quite chaotic for a few minutes there locating the kids and others.

No pics of the bear? Come on Drew, you aren't going to become an Instagrammer if you don't take pics!
Ha! Glad you had a good time. Sorry I missed it.

Thanks to Drew for getting this group together. Good times!
Pics or it didn't happen? Well here ya go!
IMG_3826.jpeg

Lots of happy faces! (and one inflamed one 😵, but still smiling)
IMG_3829.jpeg

Strap it down and move it out....even on a Chevy!
IMG_3832.jpeg

Future Xmas trees headed for the back yard.......🎄🎄
IMG_3833.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom