Chicagoland Cruiser – Tool Trading (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All right it sound a little crazy but it is really developed to kind of be an extension of the Cruiser Assistance Club. I just recently joined the CAC spring of ‘05; it’s a great system I just kept forgetting to sign up for the longest time. This tool trading idea is a local twist to it the CAC system of Cruiser Heads helping each other. But now it’s to borrow a tool in lieu of having to have to purchase it for a one time use. I actually enjoy owning a tool and having it available but sometimes it’s just silly for me to purchase it for one use and just sit on the shelf for years. Nobody is actually trading tools just lending to each other for a preset amount of time decided by the lender. I most likely didn’t think of all possible repercussions that may take place in an undesirable situation, but everyone that I have met in the Chicagoland area with a Cruiser has been nothing less than an outstanding person. So let’s give it a try.
Basically you list tools (most likely specialty tools) that you own and are wiling to lend out to other local Cruiser Heads.
Ground rules:
1. Borrower must be local (within the Chicago Land/Windy City area)
1. Lender must own the tool (no lending a lent tool)
2. No shipping
3. Lender must set the amount of time
4. Edit your original post to change or add/remove tools
5. PM only the lender, no posting your request
6. No listing of other people’s tools or services
7. No charge, this is just a friendly club to help each other out, not for a way to make money
There will be more rules to be added as we get going. I’m guessing that there will be a bit of editing on everyone’s part. The list can include other kinds of tools, parts or assistance as anyone feels fit. This is not a binding contract, so if you don’t feel like lending a tool out or you are currently using it then just simply turn down the request. But of course like everything else it is use at your own risk.

Scott_sFZJ80’s list of available tools…

Toyota Specialty Tools -
Rear Axle Bearing Lock Nut Wrench http://toyota.spx.com/detail.aspx?id=314&g=22
54mm Hub Socket http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/tools.asp?tool=hand&Group_ID=1655&store=snapon-store

Other Tools -
Power Bleeder - pressure brake bleeder http://www.motiveproducts.com/
Engine Hoist
Transmission Jack

Tools too big to loan out but available for use -
20 Ton Press, you could take it with you but it wouldn’t be easy

This was just a quick list to get started.

Last edited:
All my specialized tools are for wood working. I'm willing to lend a hand to help out anybody on the northside of chicago if anybody gonna do a project, beyond that it'll probably take place at Gumby's place :) .

Like Gumby said, let us know what you need :D That might be the easier way to go.

If you need some welding or plasma (ing) done, come on over. I won't lend those tools out but will be happy to work on your rig with them. Plasma requires a competent air compressor with good filtration and the welder weighs over 300 pounds!

I also have the factory shop manual (mech and elec) and assortment of hand tools including the Hubtamer tool by OTC, porta power, spring compressors, etc.

Ali

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom