Chevy v8 in 80 ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There is...

It is made by Marks in the land of Oz and available through Advance Adaptors here in the states.

The 1FZ is a delightful powerplant. I don't think I would consider a swap unless there had been a catastrophic engine failure like a rod thru the side. In that case, a swap to a V8 could be financially justified.
On the other hand, I would be more inclined to select a 3FE powered vehicle for that swap. They are substantially cheaper than the later 1FZ powered versions and could really use the help(sorry -H-).

In closing, there is nothing on the planet that sounds as good as that lovely ehxaust note from a V8. ;)

[quote author=Ryan link=board=2;threadid=4576;start=msg34532#msg34532 date=1061706756]
Is there a kit to install a chevy v8 in an 80?
[/quote]

There really isn't a kit, but there is an adapter between the A440F tranny and a SBC. The wiring, etc. is up to you. Contact Jeff Jones for his experiences. There are a few others who have done it, too.

Thanks all. The engine is a 3FE. One of my friends said a Supra engine bolts right up to the transmission. Anybody hear of this?

Ryan,

Hadn't heard that one. I would stick to a V8 though. Supras do not weigh 6000 lbs in trail trim. ;)

[quote author=Ryan link=board=2;threadid=4576;start=msg34639#msg34639 date=1061774530]
The engine is a 3FE.
[/quote]

I don't support the V8 swap, BUT, a 3F-E is a rare engine that is worth some $ on the market with all the pieces. You just may be able to help finance the swap by selling the full 3F-E setup.

In closing, there is nothing on the planet that sounds as good as that lovely ehxaust note from a V8

well.....i think there are some vintage italian V12's that have a sweet song at speed as well.......

there is a guy on the pirate board that has done a couple of supra swaps into fj40's

doug

Doug,

Agreed on the V12's. But, the guy I work for has a couple (yes, more than one) GENUINE GT40's. A small block and a 427. When he runs them at the track, it makes me faint heart swoon.

Here's the small block:

Oh, he also has a GENUINE Shelby Datona Coupe, one of 6 built.

Very cool ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom