Check VSC System & Engine Light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The exact same situation just happened in my 2010.

120k miles.

I just had new alternator and battery installed after being left on the side of the road in July.

Bought it 2016 with 44k mikes, no issues ever, now it seems like it’s falling apart!

View attachment 3413706

I swear that I didn't just copy and photoshop your photo but this is my dashboard this morning. All of this is happening less than 24 hours after I had all the valve cover gaskets replaced following a small oil leak that had also run into the spark plug tubes. Had the tubes and everything cleaned out and gaskets replaced as well as a Fuel Injector and Air Intake cleaning performed.

Will bring it back and have the error code(s) grabbed.

2009 vehicle, original owner, and like you it feels like a lot of things are starting to crap out here. I'm not super handy (although I know enough to be a bit dangerous in asking questions), so I just want to make sure I don't fall for a suggested $3K in repairs when this might possibly be remedied by a few relatively minor services/repairs. I just want to be able to call BS on that.

Thanks.

VSC.jpg

Last edited:
Your vehicle has 170k on it, it’s not falling apart or crapping out, items that old need replacing sometimes. I’d argue a couple grand to keep it rolling for another 100k isn’t too shabby.

I would grab the error codes yourself so you aren’t relying on trust and have a rough idea what is happening.

Your vehicle has 170k on it, it’s not falling apart or crapping out, items that old need replacing sometimes. I’d argue a couple grand to keep it rolling for another 100k isn’t too shabby.

I would grab the error codes yourself so you aren’t relying on trust and have a rough idea what is happening.

Absolutely expected to hit some major maintenance and replacement items with a vehicle this old with this many miles. But it's had a string of multiple big $$ repairs over the past 24 months. I'm not talking about fluid changes, battery, brakes, hoses, etc. I mean replacing the power steering rack, radiator (for a second time), AC system and servos (3 times on the servos), water pump (of course), lower control arms, etc. Just a string of things I guess and some bad luck. Disappointing that after replacing all the valve cover gaskets, the fuel injector and air intake services to have the dashboard light up like a Christmas tree here.

But again, despite multiple requests from the wife to consider a new vehicle I will keep my TLC and continue to give it the TLC it deserves. :cool:

Reactions: BVE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom