Check VSC System & Engine Light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2010 LC200. Yesterday I went for wheel changing and alignment. The shop told me that camber needs adjustment as well and they did that and everything worked great on way back home. Next day I started the car and out of nowhere was greeted with Check VSC System error, engine light, traction light and 4LO light blinking. I dont think it affected the drive in anyway as I drove it without any issue. Engine also sounded fine. I turned off and on the truck multiple times but same errors showed up. Went to a nearby mechanic, told him to connect computer and clear the codes. He did that and all errors went away. On way back, same error lights showed up again in about 15-20 mins. Anyone know what is going on? This is the first time I have seen these. Truck's mileage is 79K kilometers. Is this related to alignment work I got done just 1 day ago or is that all just coincidence and this has nothing to do with it? I managed to take photo (see below) of the error codes being shown. Will appreciate if anyone can help me point what I should be doing next. Thanks

IMG_1132.jpeg

Can’t offer much help here but maybe try clearing the codes again and the shutting VSC off?

Can’t offer much help here but maybe try clearing the codes again and the shutting VSC off?
I can try clearing the codes again but what do you mean by shutting VSC off? How do I do that? Thanks

1. Would make sure they didn’t damage an abs wire on the wheel
  2. Would try a zero point calibration
Didn’t know there’s abs wires on wheels. You think an engine code could show up because of this?

I’m not sure about a 2010 but my 2013 has a button that shuts off VSC. The car over squiggly lines button.

27D557A3-6EFE-4F96-8B0E-75876E7B038F.jpeg

Didn’t know there’s abs wires on wheels. You think an engine code could show up because of this?
VSC likely uses shell speed input from the ABS senors on the wheels. So yes could be related to the code you have.

I too suspected ABS wire issues until I noticed the SAIS codes.

Could be multiple problems.. I’d have a good look at the ABS wires to cover your bases. Yes they are on each wheel hub.. on the front, where they would have done alignment work, they are attached to the front of the steering knuckles. Get under there and look at the front of the large piece of metal that the wheel hub, brakes, and suspension all bolts to.

VSC likely uses shell speed input from the ABS senors on the wheels. So yes could be related to the code you have.
That’s for the pointer. I’ll take it back to same wheel shop today and have them checked.

I too suspected ABS wire issues until I noticed the SAIS codes.

Could be multiple problems.. I’d have a good look at the ABS wires to cover your bases. Yes they are on each wheel hub.. on the front, where they would have done alignment work, they are attached to the front of the steering knuckles. Get under there and look at the front of the large piece of metal that the wheel hub, brakes, and suspension all bolts to.
Any chance SAIS code might be showing up because of ABS wire on wheel? Or is that definitely engine related?

I have this on my 2010 as well. I did try pressing it but nothing happens. The light still shows for it.
You have to press and hold the button. You should then get a yellow light on the gauge cluster saying VSC is off.

Tried pressing and holding for a few seconds. Nothing happens.
That is probably because of the code. As others have said, check ABS wires.

Any chance SAIS code might be showing up because of ABS wire on wheel? Or is that definitely engine related?
It does seem like the codes you got are pointing to SAIS. The single ABS code seems to suggest it doesn’t like the signal it’s getting from the ECM. No mention of ABS wiring fault.

SAIS problems aren’t unheard of on this engine design, just seems really coincidental to pop up right after an alignment

Ok so here's an update. Took it back to same wheel alignment shop and had him check ABS wires in wheels. He said there was no issue in wiring. Cleared the codes but the lights are still showing up in instrument cluster.

Took it to another mechanic, he removed the engine top cover, unscrewed air filter box and unplugged a switch (which I think is probably related to SAID). He inserted some pins into the switch and checked whether there was voltage coming in it. He said in some of the pins, the voltage isn't full 5v. He told me to drop the truck tomorrow morning so that he can check further. He says it seems to be some wiring issue. Not sure to trust him on this or not. What do you guys suggest? Should I take it to Toyota service center instead?

Time for Toyota. These trucks are complicated enough, sometimes requiring specialized diagnostic and training/experience that I wouldn't trust them to general independent mechanics.

I am thinking same but I wonder if Toyota still services a 13 year old truck?
Time for Toyota. These trucks are complicated enough, sometimes requiring specialized diagnostic and training/experience that I wouldn't trust them to general independent mechanics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom