Check it out! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

picture test...

lets see how this goes!

I just might get the hang of this. It's true! You can teach a monkey! :bounce:

Ross and DDude

You guys have been elevated to near golden calf status with me. Thank you very much! A few good directions and I think I've got it. I even have an avatar now. Thats my 2-1/2 yr old
Zoe. I make my own ale and you guys have one with your name on it. :beer:

Glad to help.

ps I really like IPA's :D

Hey, prez-
New officer position on the BOD: Club Brewmaster.
Election by taste test. :D

Brews

I've been brewing ales for about 7-8 yrs. Never tried lagers, they need to be cold fermented correct? Ales ferment best around 70 deg, so I always make 6 or 8 batches during fall-winter-spring. Just polished off the last of my IPA(sorry Ross), but I have a Belgian that will be ready to drink next week and an Imperial Porter that will be ready in about 3 wks. These 2 flavors are new to me(brewing) so I hope they come out well. I make a pretty good IPA and a mean Stout.
Ross, pm me if you want to check out one of those Belgians. DDude, if your'e anywhere near Tucson let me know if you want to claim your brew.
I usually reserve my homebrews for people who come to visit, so hj60, you'll have to make a trip down to conduct the taste test. :beer: :beer: :beer: ... and more :beer:

yes, cold fermenting is better for lagers. i have been draping a towel over my fermenter and running ice water over it with a small pump but i am going to buy a small fridge, just big enough for the 5 gallon fermenter.

also you can experament with different temps, dont be shy about fermenting ales with cooler temps as you can definitely change the flavors this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom