Check engine light---Error code 32.

• Thread starter Safado
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Safado

Safado

I went and turned my truck on and noticed that the reading for the air flow voltage on my little meter was reading 0v. I thought hmm that's odd, but if I tried to give it any gas, you could see the truck start to go lean. So I turned it off and started it again because I thought it might just be the "special" computer I have in my truck, and the same thing, this time the Check Engine light came on. I used the paper-clip method, and got a 32. Any thoughts? Thanks a million.

cruiserdan

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus
Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
A 32 is "Volume Air Flow Meter Signal". "Diagnosis" is "Open circuit in E2 or short circuit between VC and VS".

Trouble areas:

VAF meter circuit
VAF meter
ECM

Maybe yer snazzy computer is toast :-\

Safado

Safado

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=7022;start=msg57991#msg57991 date=1067747247]
A 32 is "Volume Air Flow Meter Signal". "Diagnosis" is "Open circuit in E2 or short circuit between VC and VS".

Trouble areas:

VAF meter circuit
VAF meter
ECM

Maybe yer snazzy computer is toast :-\
[/quote]

So what exactly is E2, VC, or VS? Are they wires off the ECU? Any ones in particular? Any pics from the FSM? When I pulled the glove box out I could see where the splicing was done, Maybe there's a short there now. Thanks Dan.

C

cruiserman

Very possible. When I was troubleshooting the AFM in my '93, I pulled the computer out and ran some splice wires from the computer to the connector on the AFM to find the open. You can fit a paperclip in the back of the computer connectors.

The factory manual covers troubleshooting the computer and wiring in detail.

Safado

Safado

Cruiserman,

Thanks for the word, can you elaborate online a bit more, or send me a PM. The FSM is still in transit. C-dan was out when I placed it on back order. Thanks.

Safado

Safado

FIXED IT!!!!

A programming error in my fancy little computer. :D ...err should I say a programmer error. :slap: :doh:

Safado

Safado

Still want the book...I have a strange feeling I'm going to need it more than just once! :doh: