"Check connection of the air conditioner" + Passenger Airbag problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
I've got a 2006 Landcruiser 100 series.

My ac has stopped working and I get the message on the nav "Check connection of the air conditioner". I also have a warning light on the dash for the passenger airbag not being activated.

There was a squealing noise from the engine. I took the belt off, and checked the pulleys. They all seemed fine, the AC pulley was stiff'ish however and not as free. I went ahead and changed the belt, but still got the squealing/scraping noise. So I checked the fuses and found the AC fuse on the drivers side fuse-box was burnt out. I replaced this, and got the AC to turn-on for around 15 seconds, and then the fuse burnt out again.

I am thinking the AC is probably the AC clutch has gone, maybe also the pulley. Does this sound right, or could it be something else?

I'm not really sure about the Passenger Airbag, thinking this might be a separate issue?

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks.

Airbag light is probably separate issue. With the AC, when my compressor went out, I also had a loud belt squeal and groaning from the engine before getting the "check AC" message. It turned out that the compressor grenaded. Hopefully yours blew the fuse before spewing metal throughout the AC lines. That's what happened to mine and it was not an easy fix.

Thanks for the reply. Thinking I will start by changing the clutch and pulley. I've noticed some melted plastic, so thinking this is the issue.

Is changing the clutch and pulley straightforward (seen the thread on the this) for a pretty amateur mechanic?

Thanks for the reply. Thinking I will start by changing the clutch and pulley. I've noticed some melted plastic, so thinking this is the issue.

Is changing the clutch and pulley straightforward (seen the thread on the this) for a pretty amateur mechanic?

Access isn't the easiest but overall not bad. Serpentine belt is easy to remove. Hope its the clutch! If not, get ready for a few weekends of fun.

Hi,
I've got a 2006 Landcruiser 100 series.

My ac has stopped working and I get the message on the nav "Check connection of the air conditioner". I also have a warning light on the dash for the passenger airbag not being activated.

Found this thread from Google, so I'm chiming in, in case others find this thread. My tensioner pulley seized up, and after replacing the tensioner assembly found out my climate control didn't work and I had an airbag warning light on. I replaced the A/C fuse and my climate control works and airbag light went away and everything's been working for a couple days now (knock on wood). But I don't understand why the fuse would have blown from the pulley seizing up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom