Cheap Floor Mats For The LC100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ih8mud is an awesome community! I’m a new member and have saved a ton of $$ already with the knowledge shared here. So I’m hoping to give back to the community.

About 2 weeks ago I got a 2000 LX 470. It didn’t come with floor mats, but I had already decided I was going to buy Weather Tech for the front, rear, and cargo area.

But once I priced it out, ouch, $320 for all the mats! I also had some unexpected repairs I need to do, so I need to wait on these mats.

I checked online and in this forum and it doesn’t really seem there are a lot of alternatives for the LC100’s.

I saw the Motor Trend floor mats were super popular on Amazon, but they’re generic fit type of mats, and I didn’t get much confidence they'd be able to be cut well for the LX.

They were cheap enough, a tad over $60 with free shipping for all three rows, so I took a gamble to see if they’d work well enough as temporary mats.

The Good
  • They fit pretty well!
  • I got the Motor Trend front and rear mats that are molded to hold liquids
  • The colors are fairly close between the Motor Trend and generic branded cargo mat.
  • They front mats didn’t have hooks for the floor hooks, but they are “sticky” enough they don’t move. So the hooks aren't needed.

The Bad
  • These mats had a “bowl” shape to them, so I didn’t know if they’d line up well with the feet in the rear seats (yes, they did!)
  • They’re pretty thin. I don’t have a comparison to Weathertech’s or Husky Liners, but I felt these should have been thicker
  • I bought Motor Trend liners for the front and rear seats, but they didn’t have a cargo mat large enough. So I had to buy a different brand for the cargo mat.

What I bought:

The Result:
Overall, I’m pretty happy with how they turned out. For the price, I think they’re a great value.
  • The front mats didn’t need much cutting.
  • I decided to leave off the dead pedal. The mat fit a lot better without it.
  • The rears were a perfect fit for the bowl shape and the placement of passenger feet. But, I spent most of my time cutting these mats to fit, it was the biggest challenge of all the mats.
  • The cargo mat is much thinner than I prefer for a cargo area mat. It didn’t need much cutting so that is a plus. And the size was perfect.

Here are pics during the install. I have more, if anyone has any questions, just let me know!

Front Passenger Mats

DSC_0943.JPG

DSC_0944.JPG

DSC_0946.JPG

DSC_0947.JPG

Cargo Mat
DSC_0948.JPG

More pics in next post ...

Last edited:
Ih8mud is an awesome community! I’m a new member and have saved a ton of $$ already with the knowledge shared here. So I’m hoping to give back to the community.

About 2 weeks ago I got a 2000 LX 470. It didn’t come with floor mats, but I had already decided I was going to buy Weather Tech for the front, rear, and cargo area.

But once I priced it out, ouch, $320 for all the mats! I also had some unexpected repairs I need to do, so I need to wait on these mats.

I checked online and in this forum and it doesn’t really seem there are a lot of alternatives for the LC100’s.

I saw the Motor Trend floor mats were super popular on Amazon, but they’re generic fit type of mats, and I didn’t get much confidence they'd be able to be cut well for the LX.

They were cheap enough, a tad over $60 with free shipping for all three rows, so I took a gamble to see if they’d work well enough as temporary mats.

The Good
  • They fit pretty well!
  • I got the Motor Trend front and rear mats that are molded to hold liquids
  • The colors are fairly close between the Motor Trend and generic branded cargo mat.
  • They front mats didn’t have hooks for the floor hooks, but they are “sticky” enough they don’t move. So the hooks aren't needed.

The Bad
  • These mats had a “bowl” shape to them, so I didn’t know if they’d line up well with the feet in the rear seats (yes, they did!)
  • They’re pretty thin. I don’t have a comparison to Weathertech’s or Husky Liners, but I felt these should have been thicker
  • I bought Motor Trend liners for the front and rear seats, but they didn’t have a cargo mat large enough. So I had to buy a different brand for the cargo mat.

What I bought:

The Result:
Overall, I’m pretty happy with how they turned out. For the price, I think they’re a great value.
  • The front mats didn’t need much cutting.
  • I decided to leave off the dead pedal. The mat fit a lot better without it.
  • The rears were a perfect fit for the bowl shape and the placement of passenger feet. But, I spent most of my time cutting these mats to fit, it was the biggest challenge of all the mats.
  • The cargo mat is much thinner than I prefer for a cargo area mat. It didn’t need much cutting so that is a plus. And the size was perfect.

Here are pics during the install. I have more, if anyone has any questions, just let me know!

Front Passenger Mats

View attachment 2435052

View attachment 2435053

View attachment 2435054

View attachment 2435055

Cargo Mat
View attachment 2435057

More pics in next post ...

Cargo Mat Trimmed
DSC_0960.JPG

Rear Seat
DSC_0963.JPG

DSC_0968.JPG

Driver's Mat
DSC_0970.JPG

DSC_0972.JPG

Totally agree, color is not close to the carpets.

weathertec have same issue...

i got lloyd matts rubber tite for 180 shipped for all 3 rows and happy with fitment and quality, chose this option due to being cheaper than weather tech and able to get close match to interior..

i only have a shot of the 3rd row:

View media item 83119
View media item 84127

weathertec have same issue...

i got lloyd matts rubber tite for 180 shipped for all 3 rows and happy with fitment and quality, chose this option due to being cheaper than weather tech and able to get close match to interior..

i only have a shot of the 3rd row:

View media item 83119
View media item 84127
These look great! Do you remember which color you ordered?

weathertech fan here.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom