Charging Air Conditioning in an FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There is a separate FSM for AC system in these rigs. Perhaps someone here on MUD has a digital copy, I only had an old physical copy I used for my refresh. The FSM should note how much oil is required for the system

Guess I was lucky with the free rental vacuum pump and manifold. The ones I got worked like a charm. YMMV.

Yep. Good find. That’s the one. I’d found that a while back but lost track. Thanks!

@Miloslavich I think I found it? Starting on page 637 of the pdf file from the Chassis & Body 84-90 Heavy Duty FSM, from the free download on here.
Thanks
Nice! good luck on the refresh. that first time she blows ice cold its a great feeling of success!

So I did something really STUPID this afternoon.....is that the name of a thread yet?
I connected a jumper wire to the black wire on the compressor (both are black wires on mine) and the dumbness is I connected it to the ground wire not realizing the 12v was the single wire going to a connector. I proceeded to jump that wire right off the battery while running......the compressor sure didn't kick on....and the jumper wire melted in a half a second! :bang: o_O:doh:
Now I know how not to jump power to the compressor! :rofl:

Any feedback on the best way to jump the compressor to check function? My system has no refrigerant in it all right now.

Any feedback on the best way to jump the compressor to check function? My system has no refrigerant in it all right now.
With the system empty, all you'll find out is if the clutch engages and the compressor spins. Don't engage the compressor for more than a few seconds. If it passes, vacuum it down and see if it holds vacuum. The easiest way to jump the compressor is to unplug the single lead from the harness to the compressor and run a jumper from the + side of the battery to the connector on the compressor.

@1972FJ55 THANKS! I jumped it to the correct wire tonight like you said, the clutch engages and the outer part starts turning with the pulley. I may try to vacuum it down, but I know it all leaked out somehow, maybe just orings? I really just wanted to see if i should keep the compressor (reseal & reoil) or buy a new one) gonna try to keep this one now. Thanks again........still waiting on the condenser to arrive.

Has anyone found a replacement for the large casing o-rings? part number 90099-14131. there are 3 of them. im in discussions with Denso directly to see if they can source and provide to an approved reseller since toyota discontinued them. but no luck as of yet. also needin the gaskets for the valve bodies in the end caps if anyone has one for a complete overhaul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom