Chains reco? LC 200 BFG All Terrains (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I went to Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac ATs last spring. Anyone running these in the winter? I still have my Goodyear Assurance tires on my OEM wheels. I really liked them for wet, icy and snowy roads. Not deep snow but KC area freezing rain type roads. I had them on a Tahoe we used to go skiing in and they were great on mountain paved roads. I suspect that the Duratracs will not perform as well in those conditions. Wondering if I should just switch tires in the winter.

FYI: Some KO2's do not have the snowflake. Mine don't. Have to double-check if that's important to you.
I believe those are usually the "DT" (different tread) designation, which were designed for heavily loaded miles. Some people were wearing out KO2's much more quickly than their previous KO's with lots of loaded miles and the DT's were BFG's response. Supposedly.

Deep fresh snow they are ok. Ice, packed snow and winter roads they suck. I run KO2s in the summer here in AK. Switched to my winter set up two weeks ago, Nokian Hakka’s.
And yes my KO2’s are the ones with the snowflake. Chunky tread with a hard compound is what makes them bad in the cold firm slick stuff.

I was under the impression that everyone hated the way they handle in snow 🤷🏻‍♂️

Put me in the "they suck in the snow" group. Like other say, they are great in loose fresh deep snow. But wow are they terrible in packed snow and ice. Mine come off late November and the Nokians go on.

I'd just go with these:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom