Centramatic Wheel Balancers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It seems like for only big trucks like an RV with a lot of tread life to it. I dunno could be wrong...

I have them.

Work in the rear, calipers in front prevent them from working at all.

Centramatics recommends getting tire balanced first, than using their stuff for dynamic balancing.

Since the add thickness to the spacing of your wheels, I would suggest some locktite on the wheels studs...just for the sake of being safe...as there is not that much stud to grab onto once these are on.

Kumar

well, had a look at their site, out of curiosity.

I can't comment too much on the effectiveness of the weight-shifting approach. Don't know enough about the fundamentals behind this.

What I can say with certainty, however, is that some of their statements that purport to explain why the temperature is/may be reduced are complete nonsense from an engineering point of view. That would make me suspicious about their other claims.

E

[quote author=e9999 link=board=2;threadid=13803;start=msg128279#msg128279 date=1080495609]

What I can say with certainty, however, is that some of their statements that purport to explain why the temperature is/may be reduced are complete nonsense from an engineering point of view. That would make me suspicious about their other claims.

[/quote]

An unbalanced tire is going to generate heat internally from flexing and externally from irregular contact with the pavement causing wear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom