Central pneumatic dent puller (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone ever used on of these to do bodywork on their Fj60. Need to pull some dents out before welding in new material.

Pic for reference
Anyone ever used on of these to do bodywork on their Fj60. Need to pull some dents out before welding in new material.

IMG_20220923_160054.jpg

I'm thinking a suction type dent puller isn't going to pull the above dented area out

That won’t pull most of those.I would use the glue on pulls with a slide hammer.

I would use a scissors jack inside the truck on a dent like that...

I would use a scissors jack inside the truck on a dent like that...
Some of it is hard to reach or there is nothing really behind it to push from but I did have the same notion.

Some of it is hard to reach or there is nothing really behind it to push from but I did have the same notion.

You could put a 2x6 against the opposite inside wall of the truck and jack against that. Use big, long, boards to spread the load. I'm sure it will be a big pain in the butt to push that dent out. You might consider also using a spitznagel - Spitznagel Deluxe Stud Welding Kit | Dent Fix Equipment | DF-1 - https://www.toolsource.com/stud-welders-c-34_475_476/spitznagel-deluxe-stud-welding-kit-t-handle-not-included-p-133472.html That might work best after you push out the largest part of the dent.

You could put a 2x6 against the opposite inside wall of the truck and jack against that. Use big, long, boards to spread the load. I'm sure it will be a big pain in the butt to push that dent out. You might consider also using a spitznagel - Spitznagel Deluxe Stud Welding Kit | Dent Fix Equipment | DF-1 - https://www.toolsource.com/stud-welders-c-34_475_476/spitznagel-deluxe-stud-welding-kit-t-handle-not-included-p-133472.html That might work best after you push out the largest part of the dent.
HARBOR Freight sells a kit like that. Will look into it. Also like the 2x6 idea. Will figure it out soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom