Central Locking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

Here is another central locking post....maybe with a difference

So ive got 2 keys with remotes built in and a vallet key - only one of the key blades work in any of the barrels, so im using that currently.
But would like to get either the other. key with remote reground or a new blade to put into it, anyway thats not the issue.

The issue is the key that does fit into the barrels remote doesnt work.
I've tried maybe 50 times now to get the car into programming mode - I noticed the passenger door lock wasnt fully cycling when trying, so ordered up a few motors here
Came super quick and fitted one to the passenger door this evening.

Tried the programming mode again, nothing.

Few questions:

1. When putting my key in the ignition it doesnt make any sounds - a lot of the key programming videos you can hear a chime even when the key if in the off position, does this matter?
  2. Also where is the security light? in some instructions it says you can identify what key you are using by the flashes on the security light - mine doesnt seem to flash at all anytime, does this matter?
  3. Can this be done using Techstream, ive had a google, nothing I found is definate on this matter
  4. When I have the drivers door open and press the lock button on the door controls, it will lock but then automatically unlock all doors, this seems to differ from the videos
So right not im a bit puzzled on wheather or not im doing the steps right but another motor is at fault (dont seems to be buy watching the locks on the handle) or if there is another underlying electrical problem that is causing issues.

Any thoughts or advise?

Liam

There are some key/programmer guys on here that I'm sure can help, but you may need to change your subject to attract their attention. 'Central locking' makes me think differentials/lockers, not door locking and remotes. Good luck!

This guys method worked to get my fobs programmed for my 1999... and my lock motors really struggle when it is warm outside.

This guys method worked to get my fobs programmed for my 1999... and my lock motors really struggle when it is warm outside.

So I tried that one too, when I have my drivers door and press the lock button, all doors lock then instantly unlock....I will get a video, brb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom