Center display problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My center display has gone out. The car was off and I was simply detailing the dash. I restarted the car and the center console screen doesn't come on. The buttons on the left side of the screen don't work and the climate buttons below no longer work. Please, someone tell me during the detail I simply pushed a magic combination of buttons or something to make this happen. Any ideas?

Is there a fuse to check?

I checked position 1 & 4 on the driver's side panel. According to the owners manual that's the one. Both fuses were fine. Clock is out as well

Also checked engine compartment. No blown fuses. Clock display above screen is out as well.

Last edited:
I believe there's also a fuse box in the passenger footwell. Not sure what fuses it contains off the top of my head though. It's a PITA, but you might have to check them all. I'm not aware of anything else you could've done to cause failure of the display and clock.

Have now checked all three fuse boxes, no blown fuses. There is no way wiping the screen and buttons with a microfiber cloth with the car off causes this. Any ideas? I almost feel like it's simply come unplugged somehow.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1440720044.370830.jpg

There is a screen off mode... need to check the manual on how/if that could be it.
I've seen that but the car was off. I don't see how that was initiated.

I would try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to reset all the computers. Maybe you'll get lucky there or maybe not, but it can't hurt. Beyond that, I think you're heading to the dealership.

I would try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to reset all the computers. Maybe you'll get lucky there or maybe not, but it can't hurt. Beyond that, I think you're heading to the dealership.

Keep in mind that you cannot always tell visually if a fuse is bad. Try replacing the relevant fuses with new ones.

Did as you advised and everything is back. Computer reboot did the trick. I have no idea what electrical gremlin decided to mess with me here. Thanks for the ideas.

Never had issues like this on our old 2003. On our 2010 LX we had the stereo system go nuts where none of the buttons worked anymore though the screen always stayed on. Shutting off the truck fixed it. Weird.

Never had issues like this on our old 2003. On our 2010 LX we had the stereo system go nuts where none of the buttons worked anymore though the screen always stayed on. Shutting off the truck fixed it. Weird.

It was the first time in a long time that I seriously missed the simplicity of my 80 series. All the fancy gadgets of the 200 are great right up until they don't work.

Also during the process of disconnecting the battery I moved the windshield washer bottle nozzle and it actually came unplugged from the reservoir and for some reason all the fluid drained out. I plugged the nozzle back in and it stopped. So weird. We'll see if it still holds fluid.

Did as you advised and everything is back. Computer reboot did the trick. I have no idea what electrical gremlin decided to mess with me here. Thanks for the ideas.
I learned that trick from Windows 98...when in doubt, reboot! Glad it worked out for you.

It was the first time in a long time that I seriously missed the simplicity of my 80 series. All the fancy gadgets of the 200 are great right up until they don't work.

Also during the process of disconnecting the battery I moved the windshield washer bottle nozzle and it actually came unplugged from the reservoir and for some reason all the fluid drained out. I plugged the nozzle back in and it stopped. So weird. We'll see if it still holds fluid.
There's a screw that holds the window washer thing in place. If yours moved freely then it's probably fallen out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom