CDL & Pin7 mod in... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All went easily except,

The wood grain panelling is a pain. Now I need to know how to re stick it. Any recommended adhesives?

The small screws on the silver box covering the transmission relay were very tight. I unbolted the bracket, fished it out then unscrewed the screws. Less risk of buggering the sccrew head that way.

All told @ 45 minutes invested including time to get the parts away from my all too efficient retreivers. ;p

Tested the set up out and the only question I have is this, when you unlock the CDL in low with the FR & RR diff locked are the FR & RR diffs supposed to unlock?

The brown santa just showed up with all of my Amsoil fluids. Got some work to do now.

Fly Rod :cheers:

Fly Rod said:
All went easily except,

The wood grain panelling is a pain. Now I need to know how to re stick it...

Did you deliberately remove the wood grain? Or did it come loose when you pulled the dash panel?
I've had good luck with other automotive trim using the 3M super spray adhesive.

Fly Rod said:
Tested the set up out and the only question I have is this, when you unlock the CDL in low with the FR & RR diff locked are the FR & RR diffs supposed to unlock?

The ends will only lock if the center is locked. If you unlock the center with the ends locked the ends will unlock as soon as the drivetrain unwinds enough to relieve the pressure on the dog clutches.

The trim popped off when i pulled the security sensor out. I won't try the gum trick, thanks anyway. :flipoff2:

I have the truck running with the Amsoil engine cleaner in it now. I am going out to change all the fluids to synthetic then do a test run to see if I can feel any change.

Fly rod

Maybe a stupid question, but what the hell. . . Is the 7 Pin mod worth doing on a 91-92? I'm thing not because the "turning" problem only happens with the diff locked, not just when the center diff is locked. Does that sound right? :confused:

corbs said:
Maybe a stupid question, but what the hell. . . Is the 7 Pin mod worth doing on a 91-92? I'm thing not because the "turning" problem only happens with the diff locked, not just when the center diff is locked. Does that sound right? :confused:

It would be the same advantage as on a 93-97, with or without fr/rr lockers I suppose.

The mechanical advantage of being able to lock or unlock at will is not dependant on the year.

Fly Rod

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom