CATS GOT STOLEN, CUT o2 sensors (1 Viewer)

tmxmotorsports

SILVER Star
Smoe cats are worrh more than others. I do some scraping myself not a tweeker tho. I've had a whole pallet of cats radiators and batteries stolen while out of town . The pallet was tucked away couldn't see it from the 5 lane hwy was someone i knew and who ever it was knew i was out of town too. Mother f***ers. Needless to say i have security cameras now but still i was 38 hot and anyone that stopped by got an earfull.

Spook50

My daughter likes Stitch
Supporting Vendor
Thieves use those lightweight alum jacks from HF, or some other rapid jack; they just shove under and jack without regard to what they F up when they raise the vehicle. A handful of companies is now selling bolt-on Alum belly plates for the Prius that are supposed to make it much more difficult to remove the CAT. Dunno, I don't own a Prius, but I've heard a bunch of people complain about loosing them recently, at work... Some had to pay - out of pocket - about $3K to have the damage fixed.
Another reason I don't have cats on my exhaust. If I end up getting a whole new exhaust soon (hoping to. Would like a get a 3 chamber Flowmaster and quiet it down a bit now) I'll likely still stay catless. If for whatever reason I don't, I'm going to do up a skid plate for underneath that'll integrate into the tranny crossmember and also shield the cat.

tmxmotorsports

SILVER Star
Be easy to solve if places just stopped buying them. It's a hard sell where I am getting any place to buy a catalytic converter, for just that reason.
Around here you have to have the title to the vehicle but mostly newer vehicles a landcruiser60 or 62 series because of the year wouldn't need the title and most of this really applies to junking the whole vehicle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom