Caster quick attach brackets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Cleaning up an old auto rotisserie and found the casters attached by these neat brackets. I've never seen these before. They take a standard size 2 1/2 x 3 5/8 plate caster and hold in place with one cross bolt. Not sure why anyone would want option to change casters so assume they're mainly just for ease of attachment. Seems like I'm always futzing around bolting/welding casters on something but I may try to find some of these next time.

IMG_2041.jpg
IMG_2042.jpg

Could it be for ease of change in case the caster fails?

That's a new one for me. Interesting.

I've been using scaffolding castors for stuff that roles since I discovered how cheap and easy they are to use.

Looks like they're called caster docks or pads. I've never worn out a caster or needed to swap sizes but maybe enough folks do that warrant these. Little bit of extra cost but I think I'd rather weld those on than casters themselves just for the ease of doing it.

I'd never seen that before. Interesting.

In the music industry ,casters often need to be removed to prevent speaker cabinet bass coupling with the stage floor (or sometimes left on to increase it). Most quality brands use casters that are threaded into mounted plates. Side note: An easy way to piss off a stagehand is to give him an Allen wrench and tell him to remove all the casters from 8 Marshall cabinets - 1.5"-2" threaded shaft depending on the year, and the ball bearings under the twist collar are often too gummed up to turn them by hand.

I remember how awesome it was back when Mesa/Boogie came out with a quick release caster plate that held the caster to it via a spring loaded button. I have a few sets on various things. Love them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom