Caster Correction Bushings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been running the OME 2.5" medium load springs for about a year now and have finally decided that it is pretty scary sometimes on the interstate and I want to put in the caster correction bushings. I don't have a press or many tools although I was able to do springs and shocks myself, so what would be a good place to ask to do the job for me? For those of you using the bushings, where did you get it done if you didn't do it yourself?

mgbylr,
first off where are you.
second off if you can remove the control arms (think four jack stands two for the truck and two for the axle) just about any machine shop can press them in for you.
third where are you and
fourth what year is your truck.
Dave

Oh yeah...
96 fzj80
I'll be in Knoxville Tennessee in about a week until midway through january that's when I was planning on getting it done.

Check some alignment shops. It took me a while to find one that would do it.

I lived in Nashville for a year and I found Tennessee Off-Road to be a good place for stuff like that. Also you could try Southeast TLCA and ask some of their members. I know Tim (can't remember last name - was past president) did a lot of great work on my FJ-60 and might be able to hook you up as well. Plus it's a nice drive from Knoxville to Nashville, check out the Station Inn and Music Row and enjoy yourself ;)

If Cristo gets to this thread-
How much would you charge to install the bushing if you I brought in the control arms?

Christo and I just discussed this a couple of days ago... He charges $75 to press in caster correction bushings.

Jody.

Christo is also working on a new fix which will be bolt on, ratehr then press in, so could be fitted at home.

Just about any 4x4 shop (at least they should) will have a press capable of installing the caster correction kit. It is easier with Slee's bushing tool, but can be done with out. Check with some of the TN shops and see if any of them can handle it... (no harder than press in bushings on some J**P leafsprings)

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom