Caster Correction 96 LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have a minor wheel wander when on highway. From what I have read the only way to assess caster needs are to get an alignment and use those specs to decide needs. Does the alignment just bring as close to factory as possible. And then you buy aftermarket correction pieces that will correct to factory ?
Tom

Unless you're lifted, an alignment will bring you in spec.
Or there be other issues at hand.

Caster is not "factory" adjustable on these rigs and should never be out of range on a rig with OEM suspension unless a lot of bushings are extremely worn out.

When you lift an 80 series than the caster will be off from the lift. At this point you need an alignment, not to fix the caster but to get an actual reading on the rig's caster #'s after installing a lift.

After the alignment you will know where your caster is and than you can make an educated decision on how much caster correction your rig needs along with what caster correction method you want to use.

What method to use is a whole other can of worms that is most easily opened with the search function.

Getting an alignment is also a good thing to do if you actually have a competent alignment tech that knows what they are doing. They should be able to give your entire front end, suspension, drivetrain, steering, etc a good inspection while it is on the rack.

Whenever I lift an 80 series it goes to the alignment shop. Than after my alignment guy finishes I source and install my preferred caster correction along with any other parts my alignment guy recommended like tie rods and stuff. Than once I have installed everything it goes back to the alignment guy to get the steering adjusted and another alignment to verify everything is right.

Hope this helps, goodluck

Sorry. I am lifted with OME 2.5 lift. Never really concerned me before. Now driving 75 mile trips a couple times a month and noticing a little sloppiness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom