Caspers Lx470 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New here to Ih8mud, looks like an awesome community with a ton of knowledge!
Purchased my first non American car in February of 2017, of which is my 2005 Lexus Lx470 named Casper, and I love it! I purchased by Lexus with a little under 123K thousand miles, and I am currently sitting at 145K. I purchased Casper bone stock, with the dreams of turning it into an off roading beast! I have slowly been accomplishing that over the course of my 1 year ownership. This truck was beyond clean, as it was a Texas truck, with the exception of a few small things. The Rear tail fin is the worst, as it has been repainted badly at some point in its life, and the upper hatch has two small rust spots. But apart from that, the undercarriage is the cleanest thing I've seen. Without further ado, here is my project!
IMG_1905.JPG
IMG_2207.JPG
First thing that I changed was the tail lamps, which happened in June. I replaced them with the 2006-2007 model year LED's as I felt they looked better.
IMG_2677.JPG
The next big change was swapping over to KMC XD Grenade style wheels. My stock lx470 wheels were curb rashed and looked terrible. Also added a pair of BFG K02s for a rugged look.
IMG_2962.JPG
The last two things I added this past year was a 3 inch Old Man Emu lift kit, and Bushwacker OE fender flares.
fullsizeoutput_66e.jpeg
I still have a lot that I would like to accomplish, from front and rear bumper set ups, to a light bar and roof rack, and lastly a pair of sliders. Love my current project, and looking forward to many years of enjoyment with my Beast!

Welcome to the group! I don't think that I have seen black fender flares on a white truck, but it looks good. Definitely sets your vehicle apart.

Welcome to the group! I don't think that I have seen black fender flares on a white truck, but it looks good. Definitely sets your vehicle apart.

Thank you! I was debating on weather or not to paint them, but I am currently liking them left as is!

Rolling on 20's? Love the look of those Grenades BTW.

how hard was it to install the bushwhacker fenders i have a set but have been contemplating installing

Just make sure you don't use the tie down points (hooks) for recovery. Not rated. Check with Trail Tailor for tow points.

how hard was it to install the bushwhacker fenders i have a set but have been contemplating installing

They were super easy! Should be no problem mounting them on a land cruiser! I like the fact that drilling was not involved in the process. As for installing them on the lx, took a little more patience as the body side moldings are different! Only main difference was the rear door piece but, i was able to hide it with the rubber molding that sits flush against the body! I have had them on for awhile now, and have had no issues with the double sided tape and the clips holding them to the car! Plus makes my LX look nothing like the rest of the white ones in Colorado!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom