Cascade Cruisers - Club Chat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe this will get everyone's attention. I just picked up this 1976 FJ40 off a buddy of mine. I once owned a 1979 FJ40 in high school and have been wanting another for 30 years.

1976FJ40-200723.png

032d00d9-6d5e-4254-b76c-bcddc806ee90.jpg
Greetings from the Cabin,

I’m writing to share some updates and to request your help to join the all-volunteer, non-profit, Oregon Nordic Club, for our summer Cabin Maintenance Work Party. As most of you know, together we completed the restoration project last year, and while the cabin looks great, there is ongoing annual maintenance plus a few extra projects which will wrap up the restoration work before the winter season.

How you can help:
The Work Party is set for August 15 & 16, 2020. We will need 10 volunteers each day for full day shifts (9am to 4pm). No special skills are needed, just a willingness to come out and help. All volunteers will earn a free weekend stay at the A-Frame on a winter club/volunteer weekend. While the bulk of the work will be outside, please bring your masks for any interior projects. Click here to sign up.

• When: Aug 15 and 16
  • Time: 9am-4pm
  • Where: Meet at the TJ Guard Station, free parking is available at the TJ Campground. The road is open!
  • Bring: Lunch, water, work gloves, sturdy boots, face mask and appropriate clothing for the conditions at elevation. We do have cleaning supplies and hand sanitizer onsite. Bring your camping gear if you would like to stay over.

What we will be working on:
  • A-Frame interior wall repairs and replacement
  • A-Frame toilet vent installation
  • Guard Station French drain
  • Deep cleaning of both cabins
  • Bucking firewood – bring your chainsaws
  • Other tasks as needed

Please share the word and gather your circle of family/friends and sign up for a volunteer shift! Contact us at: reservations@tillyjanecabins.org if you’d like more information.

Updates: COVID-19

The A-Frame has re-opened for overnight rentals with reduced reservation capacities and pricing. The Guard Station is currently closed for summer/fall but is scheduled to re-open for the 2020-21 winter season. Please note when inquiring on Reservations.Gov, the reservation rules have been updated and are subject to change based on COVID-19, CDC guidelines, and Gov. Kate Brown’s opening requirements/updates.

We are still planning to hold the annual TJ Wood Haul on October 3rd, please mark your calendars and plan on coming out to help then. More details will follow as we get closer to the event.

Thank You for your ongoing support and love for the cabin!

Andre’ Fortin
ONC/Tilly Jane
5bbb4b0d-4698-4472-a113-554f06489424.jpg
Copyright © 2020 Oregon Nordic Club, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email

Our mailing address is:
Oregon Nordic Club
PO Box 3906
Portland, OR
Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp
open.php

Getting a group together for this would be awesome. I’ve done it and stayed overnight. It’s a great time.

032d00d9-6d5e-4254-b76c-bcddc806ee90.jpg
Greetings from the Cabin,

I’m writing to share some updates and to request your help to join the all-volunteer, non-profit, Oregon Nordic Club, for our summer Cabin Maintenance Work Party. As most of you know, together we completed the restoration project last year, and while the cabin looks great, there is ongoing annual maintenance plus a few extra projects which will wrap up the restoration work before the winter season.

How you can help:
The Work Party is set for August 15 & 16, 2020. We will need 10 volunteers each day for full day shifts (9am to 4pm). No special skills are needed, just a willingness to come out and help. All volunteers will earn a free weekend stay at the A-Frame on a winter club/volunteer weekend. While the bulk of the work will be outside, please bring your masks for any interior projects. Click here to sign up.

• When: Aug 15 and 16
  • Time: 9am-4pm
  • Where: Meet at the TJ Guard Station, free parking is available at the TJ Campground. The road is open!
  • Bring: Lunch, water, work gloves, sturdy boots, face mask and appropriate clothing for the conditions at elevation. We do have cleaning supplies and hand sanitizer onsite. Bring your camping gear if you would like to stay over.

What we will be working on:
  • A-Frame interior wall repairs and replacement
  • A-Frame toilet vent installation
  • Guard Station French drain
  • Deep cleaning of both cabins
  • Bucking firewood – bring your chainsaws
  • Other tasks as needed

Please share the word and gather your circle of family/friends and sign up for a volunteer shift! Contact us at: reservations@tillyjanecabins.org if you’d like more information.

Updates: COVID-19

The A-Frame has re-opened for overnight rentals with reduced reservation capacities and pricing. The Guard Station is currently closed for summer/fall but is scheduled to re-open for the 2020-21 winter season. Please note when inquiring on Reservations.Gov, the reservation rules have been updated and are subject to change based on COVID-19, CDC guidelines, and Gov. Kate Brown’s opening requirements/updates.

We are still planning to hold the annual TJ Wood Haul on October 3rd, please mark your calendars and plan on coming out to help then. More details will follow as we get closer to the event.

Thank You for your ongoing support and love for the cabin!

Andre’ Fortin
ONC/Tilly Jane
5bbb4b0d-4698-4472-a113-554f06489424.jpg
Copyright © 2020 Oregon Nordic Club, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email

Our mailing address is:
Oregon Nordic Club
PO Box 3906
Portland, OR
Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

open.php

Getting a group together for this would be awesome. I’ve done it and stayed overnight. It’s a great time.
Anybody interested in this event this weekend, great time in the woods. @boots4 @cheeese @CreeperSleeper @JHE4601 @Paco @Rustic76 ... others???

Sounds like fun! Unfortunately I am already booked on another project this weekend.

Same, we're doing a quick run up the coast to Willapa Bay to dig some oysters. Fingers crossed for good hunting and no vibro!

Thanks for the reply’s fellas. It would be great to get this group more actively involved with each other. I’ve meet several of you and looking forward to meet others and explore this awesome area we live.
I’m thinking next year planning a trip to the Elkhorn Mountains outside Baker City. I elk and deer hunted this area 20 years and know a lot of hidden gems. It abounds with old mining 4WD roads that lead up the Elkhorn Mountains to above 8,000’. Its rich with mining history. Sumpter has an old gold dredge and the Sumpter Valley Railroad. A lot of fun stuff for the family too. Lookout towers. My dad has a time capsule up near the top of Elkhorn Peak I’d love to find and hide another with my kids.

I’d like to get a meeting together to plan a Elkhorn Mtn trip next summer. It’s high country with a lot of gold mining history. Aside from the Eagle Caps, the closest resemblance to Colorado you can get. Here’s some pictures I took of the area. We hunted deer and elk up there since I was a young kid.
E6F63CCA-52E4-4B45-BA42-B24A3F4F3FCB.jpeg

F5013746-09B8-4915-847F-368C6ED9C81C.jpeg
0478BCB6-9F0E-4C3A-9253-EC89AF7486AA.jpeg
BE1FE918-E3FC-4FBB-A5F2-3FB32584EEDF.jpeg

2656D77D-3D51-4803-885F-AE202E9696C4.jpeg

Many 4WD roads get you above 8,000’ and end at the High Trail that traverses the entire range.

I’d like to plan a trip next year.

Jason, I suggest starting a new thread with the trip plan in title and we can get the details set up in there instead of them getting lost in this chat thread. This sounds like a great trip.

Jason, I suggest starting a new thread with the trip plan in title and we can get the details set up in there instead of them getting lost in this chat thread. This sounds like a great trip.
Moved here and no interest???

I would start a new thread just for this trip and title it by the trip's name to plan it there rather than putting this in any other thread. That way those of us that want to go and plan can go back to that specific thread and contribute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom