CarPlay Upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hey all... just want to revive this thread. has anyone had any luck with any of these options?

my hope is to eventually get apple carplay to work on my wife's 2015 gx460....

hey all... just want to revive this thread. has anyone had any luck with any of these options?

my hope is to eventually get apple carplay to work on my wife's 2015 gx460....
Some people like the grom vline. Seems to have gotten better after the updates. I want a full sized replacement myself but so far there aren't enough good experiences with them. Bugs to work out i guess.

Some people like the grom vline. Seems to have gotten better after the updates. I want a full sized replacement myself but so far there aren't enough good experiences with them. Bugs to work out i guess.

thanks torn! i thought that when i browsed their site, they don't actually have a vline solution for 2015 gx460's... am i wrong on that?

Regarding CarPlay, has anyone seen or heard of this (or something similar) in the real world?

Regarding CarPlay, has anyone seen or heard of this (or something similar) in the real world?

I have the cplay2air adapter in my VW eGolf with factory wired CarPlay. It works really well to convert a wired CarPlay head unit to wireless CarPlay. The only downside is that it sometime stutters a bit when music is playing and Siri is giving navigation directions. But I’ll take it over having to plug in my iphone every time I hop in the car.

I wasn't sure if this was some gadget that provided CarPlay to a vehicle that didn't have it already?

I wasn't sure if this was some gadget that provided CarPlay to a vehicle that didn't have it already?
It looks like it’s the same as the cplay2air. Just gives you wireless CarPlay if you already have wired CarPlay.

Do they make a non-nav version of the GX460? Somewhere in the world? I wrote up a how-to several years ago when I reverse-engineered my GX470 using the wiring diagram and a non-nav HVAC ($1400) to use a standard double-din head unit. Might not be too terribly different.

Last edited:
Do they make a non-nav version of the GX460? Somewhere in the world? I wrote up a how-to several years ago when I reverse-engineered my GX470 using the wiring diagram and a non-nav HVAC ($1400) to use a standard double-din head unit. Might not be too terribly different.

Nevermind. Looks like this is a solved problem? (I wonder what the big difference is for pre-2016 models. This only works for post 2016.)

Last edited:
'14-'21 base technically don't have nav but have the same screen.

10-13.. yes there was a full blown non-nav version.. rare

Even has the '22 fan button

img_20200317_163732_01-jpg.2241939

Last edited:
'14-'21 base technically don't have nav but have the same screen.

10-13.. yes there was a full blown non-nav version.. rare

Even has the '22 fan button :)

img_20200317_163732_01-jpg.2241939
That looks absolutely ghastly.

I just added carplay to my wifes GX....with a new GX! Honestly, I thinks this may be the only reason she upgraded from her 16. She loves the GX.

image_123927839 (2).JPG

I can get you the part numbers for new covers but it isn't gonna be cheap :)

Totally. I need new bolsters too so I’ll pass for now. LOL My 470 though will need new front seats, the drivers side especially.

Those seats look scrumptious. Wish my seats were that new.

We had ecru on the 2016 and it wore extremely well. Here is a pic when we sold it. Not bad for 5 years...

IMG_1535.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom